37

37

She knew it was going to be a hard, cold come down from her trip and back to her reality.

Yes, her reality now glittered and sparkled with him in it, but this trip was a whole other layer of reality, that she didn't want to leave, but knew she had to.

Milo dropped her off later in the day, and gave her a lingering kiss, promising they'd see each other again soon.

She attempted to go grocery shopping but found herself subconsciously looking for him in every man's face between the aisles.

All of a sudden, her tiredness hit her, and before she could snooze off on the couch, her phone rang, and this time it was Milo.

"Hey," he said simply.

"Hi," she knew she was blushing, thinking about the earlier that morning.

"I'm driving again, believe it or not. Thought I'd give you a call. Help move the time along.

It was so quiet on his line and she marvelled at his ability to navigate the insane traffic-ridden city streets.

She took a moment to cradle the phone as if it was him. She wanted to enjoy this moment. He thought of her..he called her. She didn't want to ruin it by talking too much, she wanted to hear his voice too.

"How are you?" She asked softly. "Where are you coming from?"

"I had to go see some people..it's nothing interesting," after a beat of silence, "I can't stop thinking about last night."

Isabelle nodded to herself, half calm half in disbelief, "me too," she said meekly.

"I'm already thinking about when I'm going to see you again, is that crazy? Am I crazy?"

"A little bit," Isabelle responded, her heart swelling with a warmness she couldn't recognize. So much for playing hard to get. She was way too far gone to try and think about that. "I'm having a hard time adjusting to real life, a little bit."

She heard him chuckle on the other line. "I don't blame you. I think I spoiled you a little."

"A little," Isabelle smiled into the receiver. "I can't stop smiling when I'm around you. Maybe we're both a little crazy."

She had the sudden urge to take care of him. To make sure he was okay.

"Milo," she said, his name stuck in her throat permanently, "I need to go home..to visit my mother's house for a while..you won't forget me, will you?" She asked, half-jokingly half-serious.

"Forget you?" Milo retorted. "Never."

"When I'm back," she started, a promise she knew they both knew.

'I know," Milo confirmed what she already knew. There was no possible way they could love someone else now. "When are you leaving?" He asked.

Isabelle sighed, looking at the itinerary her manager sent over. "Thursday, three days."

Milo exhaled. "Tricky," he said.

"I know," Isabelle knew.

"I'm shooting all the days through Thursday up to Friday," he said and she was ready to let disappointment flood her body, "but I'll be waiting for you."

And that was enough to keep her holding on just a little bit longer.

"Bye," she whispered. All she wanted now, was to replay their tirp in her head a few more times before falling asleep and waking up alone for the first time in three days.

Something she'd have to get used to, and yet she had a feeling it wouldn't be long. Not long at all now.