4

4

Once Dianna gave her a minor talking to in the makeup room, watching as Isabelle did her own, she decided it wasn't worth getting mad at her and instead explained the process

Once Dianna gave her a minor talking to in the makeup room, watching as Isabelle did her own, she decided it wasn't worth getting mad at her and instead explained the process. They would call the girls in one on one.

"Personality," Dianna kept saying, "this is not your standard shoot. For this one they want to see what makes you stand out for the campaign. Be fun, be cute, be....you!"

"Funny," Isabelle said, "carefully applying another coat of mascara, "usually they're just looking for mannequins - a clothing rack for the clothes..." Isabelle knew she was getting on Diannas nerves, but she didn't know why. She couldn't help it. That interaction with David unlocked something in her she didn't quite know she had.

Dianna scowled at her and walked out of the room.

Isabelle put down the makeup brush, and looked at herself in the mirror, seriously this time. She really wanted this one, this job. There was something intriguing bout the whole thing and she was going to find out for herself what it was.

She still had to wait in the waiting room, before her name was called. She was so impatient, but when they finally did call her name, she felt the she couldn't move for a second. She wondered to herself why she was so nervous (thinking this isn't fun anymore). Then when she was shuffled into the room and saw David refilling the camera pack, she quickly answered her own question.

Without looking up he said, "if you're here for the shot you're in the right place, come in."

She walked towards the X in the centre, making where the models where to stand for the test shot.

He finally looked up at her, and looked back at the name sheet.

"Isabelle." H said, more of a statement that a question.

Isabelle nodded, trying to not look nervous, but not quite sure where to look, because looking at him for too long felt too dangerous.

"Ok, lets get started," he flicked on the camera lights and the music went on. Touch me again, I wanna feel you.... Haunting female voice sangthorugh the speakers. "I love this song," his mouth said as the camera was pressed against his eye, and Isavekke realized they were shooting. She looked into the camera and tried to think of something, anything other than what was happening in front of her.

As he was getting shots, and telling her how to move, he said "tell me about yourself," and Isabelle heard Diannas voice ring out about personality.

"I'm from the uh, Midwest, but I like in Brooklyn. Now." She realized he didn't want to know as much about her as he wanted to get an interesting shot.

"My father is an alcoholic," and she closed er mouth as soon as she said that. She's never said that to her friends, much less on a job, and she didn't know what was happening to her. All of a sudden feeling like a caged animal.

There was a pause on the set, where the assistants just stared at her and David paused, taking the camera down from his ye, and looking at her with a funny, curious expression. And when he saw Isabelles eyes open wide, like she didn't know what she just said, he smiled and said, "now you're getting interesting."

Then since Isabelle realized she really had nothing to lose at this point, she relaxed and started telling him all sorts of funny little things about her childhood, all the while moving in a newfound confidence.

When he would stop taking puckers to fie her directions, maybe shown her how he wanted her to stand, she would hold eye contact with him, to make sure he knew that she understood but also to try and actually look into his eyes and figure ut what it was about the line of his face that drew her in. She rarely did this with others. Though always polite and professional, she felt that now she wanted him to look at her. Needed it.

Finally, in what felt like a blink of an eye, there she felt she had all the energy in the world to keep going, David brought the camera down again, and said: "We got it."

The whole team seems to exhale in relief, and Isabelle was brought back into hrealirt.

He stood by the door, seeing her out and she felt she had to say something, anything, so she said,

"Thanks. That was intense," and she proceeded to walk out but not before she saw his eyes turn from wonder to a smile.