48

48

She woke up the next morning, and it was as if for a second - she forgot about everything

She felt lighter after getting it out on paper.

Waking up, she made herself a coffee. She wasn't feeling hungry, so instead of breakfast she proceeded to find the only sunny point in her room, and she set herself up to paint.

She kept changing the colours. She realized with art you never really knew where to stop, it was never really going to be perfect. But eventually, you'd have to find a point to stop.

But then later, once she decided to step away, she did eat breakfast. She started to feel the heaviness creeping back in. Not just from the food but from the emotions, her loneliness, her unsteadiness.

It was a perfect day. The house was quiet, the sun was shining. And yet all she could think about was how nice it would be to greet him here, in her home. He hadn't seen this place yet. And she realized she wanted to share it with him, and that realization took her by surprise.

She went on a walk, to clear her mind. She wandered too far, and ended up having to dodge a bunch of puddles on the way back home, and. Getting her feet wet anyway.

When she got home, she collapsed on the bed. What was this? She wondered. She had a good day, but here she was, exhausted. Her head hurt and she felt like she couldn't move.

She lay there, curled up in a ball, with her eyes open, looking outside. She realized that, yes, there it was. Sadness. When this happens, like it happened last time albeit not at the same scale, the anxiety morphs into depression. Her alone, her lack of security, warps her world and then it feels like she can't control it.

Love is a disease, she thought.

Love is insanity.