56

56

The next month flew by without much occurence, except them seeing each other on the regular

They were lying together on the couch, Milo was playing with a strand of her hair,

"What happens when the honeymoon phase is over?" He asked her inquisitively.

Isabelle shot up.

"Don't ask that," she said, "I feel like you're undermining how I feel for you. What do you mean what's going to happen? Are you trying to see us fall?"

"No, I'm just...I don't know," he looked beyond her, but she decided to brush it odd.

Unfortunately, between all of the cuddles and kisses, and the so-called honeymoon stage, Isabelle started to notice things she didn't before. Yes, she adored him, and it was irreplaceable, the way he made her feel when her body was on his. But sometimes, when she was all alone, taking a shower or pacing around her apartment, she couldn't help but feel annoyed at him.

First of all, he would bring up his ex-girlfriend. Yes, she knew that 5 years was a long time to be with someone, but with all her past wounds, she felt like it was salt in the wound, every time he brought her up. She was afraid he wasn't fully over it, even though it's been a year. At times she felt like she had to compete with her ghost, though when she brought that up he said that she - Isabelle was an upgrade in all departments. That she was better.

But Isabelle's been the other woman, and the least thing she wanted was to feel like that in her own relationship. She felt like there was a room inside him that she'd never get the key to. And it was the room she lived in.

From what she knew, he broke up with her, but she nearly cheated on him in the relationship. Getting together with the guy just three months after their breakup. And then there were the times when he'd ask her about her own past relationships, but she didn't know what to say feeling less experienced than him yet also not wanting to hurt him. He basically kept going about others as well, and it hurt Isabelle.

Then there was the work thing. She felt like she learned so much about photography and the side of the business, which was fine, but that meant he barely knew things about her job. Of course he knew the things that he wanted to know, but many times its like she was afraid, afraid to speak up or take too much of the spotlight with him. Afraid, he wouldn't be interested...she knew it was a horrible concept, but she had no idea how to bring it up even.

She would get angry alone, but then she'd see him, and feel his arms around her, and she and all her problems would melt away.

Until the next transgression.

She would almost forget these things, and then they'd happen again. She remembered only from what she wrote in her diary.

When they first met, she wrote "we can talk for hours."