four

For the next two days, Remus can't get Tria out of his head. She always seems to be in his thoughts and that disturbs him a lot, but he doesn't show it otherwise, because he knows that his friends will tease him and he refuses to let them have that privilege, so he tries not to look at the girl too much, although it's difficult because he has the impression that she has a spotlight on her head because she's so radiant.

Eretria wakes up early that day, in a hurry to get breakfast, so she washes and dresses in a hurry before heading for the great hall. The students there are not wide awake, but that doesn't stop her from greeting them one by one until she spots Steviah and Regulus.

- Hello Steviah, hello Regulus licorice, she says.

The girl joins the Gryffinders table, having a little stomach ache and she drops on the bench before smiling at Peter and Sirius who are already in front of a steaming bowl of chocolate. The young Black does not seem to be well awake or else, he is already in a bad mood and his look is insisting on his brother and Steviah.

- She's pretty, says Tria. You should tell her you think she's pretty, it's always nice to get a compliment.

- And it's always nice not to have to listen to bullshit, Sirius says, just eat your cereal and leave me alone.

Remus arrives and greets his friends before noticing the sad look on Tria's face and he frowns, turning to his friends, suspicious. He makes no comment and simply picks up a bowl and pours himself some milk and cereal.

- Did you invite Lily? asks Remus when James arrives.

- I didn't have time, Snape beat me to it, mutters James. I can't understand why she said yes, look at him with his hooked nose.

Remus jumps when Tria's bowl spills on the table and the young man hears the laughter of the Slytherins echoing. The young girl looks wide-eyed at the rat's tail that was soaking in her cereal and she gets up quickly before running out of the great hall.

- Tria! Hey, wait! shouts Remus.

The young man gets up and he leaves to follow her while Sirius gets up and he turns back towards the table of greens, fists clenched and well in spite of himself, he observes Steviah to see if she attends the scene then he points Lucius with a finger.

- Does that make you laugh, you old toad? says Sirius.

- Yes, it makes me laugh, replies Malfoy, what are you going to do, eh? Go and cry in Mummy's skirt? Oh, wait, she doesn't want you.

Again, laughter erupts and Sirius approaches, jumps up on the Slytherin table, grabs Lucius by the collar and lifts him up before placing him heavily on the table and punching him in the face to break his nose.

The screams of the hall echo in Remus's ears as he stops in front of the girls's toilets. The young man purses his lips and places a hand on the door, closing his eyes and listening to Tria's cries. He feels his heart clench, it's the first time he's heard her cry, usually she's always happy, and he clears his throat before pushing open the door.