thirteen

Eretria concentrates in front of her exam. At least, she's trying, but it's not easy because she's thinking about Remus. With her head in the clouds, she thinks of his lips that taste like sweets and his hair that smells like pears. Deciding that she has finished, she returns her parchment before leaving the classroom.

They've been going out for two months now, and the girl is happy, learning a little more every day to be different and a little more normal. Of course, she's still Tria, a young girl in the moonlight with her innocence, but she's a little more present in the world. She climbs the astronomy tower and jumps into Remus' arms when she sees him.

He catches her as she wraps her legs around his pelvis and she places a kiss on the tip of his nose before burying her face in his neck. Marlene moans all the time, complaining that it stinks of love, and James repeats that it's her fault because she has opened her eyes to Remus. Tria doesn't care, when she loves someone or something, she shows it.

- I've missed you, Mr Remus, she says.

- I've missed you too, replies Remus. Luckily, that was the last lesson of the day. I'm starving, are we going to eat?

- Yes, I've prepared something for you, would you come with me tonight? asks Tria.

- Yes, replies Remus. But first, we're going to eat.

He places a kiss on her forehead before taking her hand and then they go downstairs to sit down at the table. Sirius isn't there, nor is Steviah or even Regulus, and Tria sighs. She misses her friend. She'd love to tell her that she's with Remus, but she doesn't even know where to send her letter.

She settles quietly on Remus's lap and his face begins to flush. His heart races and he blasts James when he sees him about to say something, so the bespectacled boy keeps quiet. During the meal, Tria is lost in thought until dessert and Remus wipes his mouth with a goofy smile.

- By Merlin, I need bleach for my eyes,
says Marlene. You stink of love, it's depressing.

- It's your fault, retorts James.

Remus raises his eyes to the sky, finishes his slice of cake, stands up and waves to the table before taking Tria's hand. In the hall, she stops and turns towards him with a mischievous smile. She takes off her tie and hands it to him.

- You need to blindfold yourself, Mr Remus, she says.

Remus obeys and takes the tie to tie it around his eyes. He feels Tria's frail, slender hand in his and walks, uncertain. The brunette moves slowly and leads him up the steps before passing through several corridors and stopping when she finds the room of Requirement. When she opens it, she smiles. The place is exactly as she wanted it.

- Here, she says. You can take off my tie.

Remus complies and half opens his mouth. It's incredible, he doesn't even have words to describe what he's seeing. He feels like he's outside. There's warm grass and flowering trees. There are flowers with colours so bright they pierce the night and there are butterflies. There are dozens of luminescent butterflies flying in silence.