Stacked regects.

(Michelle narrating)

He left. Well that's fine. He left for the night and it smelled like he had a good time. Alejandro had came home at 2:56 am. He smelled like beer, so he had to be at a bar. But even though he was already drunk, he still went and opened another bottle. He'd sit down on the bed staring at the wall. Maybe I shouldn't have brought up heather.

It's not my fault she's perfect. She's just.. beautiful. I know my jealousy gets the best of me, but you would too if his ex was a literal super model. She's on the cover of vogue, makeup brands, and that's not even all. If I could, I'd switch with her any day.

Alejandro: babe?
Michelle: huh?

Was he gonna apologize? Were we gonna make up?

I'm so stupid.

Alejandro: nothing..

I stared at him while he finished another beer. I pulled up my blanket and just thought about what he was gonna tell me. Did he do something bad? He's done something before. To heather, I'm not sure he's done it to me. He swore he wouldn't. I just need to trust him, right?

The next day, I went to my office. I needed to think of something other than Alejandro. But how could I?

I wrote in my book, though I had no thoughts about the plot or story. What do I do now. I threw the useless copies in the trash. Then more, then more until it became a pile of stacked rejects.

That's how I felt with Alejandro. I felt like I was at the bottom of rejections. It's painful, really. I had lost my talent and passion for writing, all I could think about was him. And heather.