III

Y/N'S POV. -

I nervously blinked my eyes while staring at my father. A date? Did I hear it right? I thought for a second while looking at my hands before raising my head to look at Dad.

"Date?"

My voice was filled with hesitation cause I was really not sure what was happening. And on top of everything, DAD is telling me to go on a date. I gulped when I saw him looking at me through his glasses.

"Why? Is there any problem? He's your fiancee. You should spend time with him now. Get to know him more so there will not be any problems in future."

That was the longest he had ever spoken with me in one conversation. I just nodded my head silently not questioning anything more. The thought of getting Namjoon's number was long gone from my mind.

I was just thinking about the number, but he directly jumped on a date. I had to breathe deeply to calm my racing heart as it was too much for me to handle in a single day.

"And why are you not wearing your engagement ring?"

This time his tone got a little harsh as he stared at me with those 'do you want to die?' eyes. My eyes widen feeling my empty ring finger. I opened my mouth to say something but mom beat me in it.

"Don't be so careless Y/N. It's your engagement ring. You shouldn't take it off until your marriage."

I looked at her and saw how serious she was which made me nod my head.

"Sorry mom, dad. I'll be careful next time."

"You better."

Dad said and resumed eating and Mom also kept eating her food while I just kept glancing at my empty finger.

Sitting on the dining table for some time like a statue, I came back to my room without eating anything. My stomach was already full and the thoughts running in my mind were feeding my remaining hunger.

The first thing I did after entering the room was run towards the dressing table and pick up my ring before wearing it back. I sigh looking at the heavy ornament and walk towards my bed.

Sitting on the bed, I saw the sky turning dark slowly with the atmosphere getting more chilly. The winter was close and it was visible in the mild atmosphere.

I closed my eyes inhaling a deep sigh and getting engaged in my deep thoughts, which easily led into a sweet slumber.

Next Morning -

I opened my eyes when I felt content with my sleep. A light groan erupted from the back of my throat when I tried to strengthen my back, it was hurting because of my weird sleeping posture.

"Ouch!!"

I mumble rubbing the back of my waist in an attempt to soothe the pain. Feeling a little better, I let my feet touch the ground and stood on my legs. Even though it was hurting, I felt better after the sleep.

Stretching my body a little, I proceeded to complete my morning routine. The ring bothered me a little, but I didn't remove it again cause I knew how clumsy I was. I'll definitely put it somewhere and forget.

Standing in front of the mirror,  I braided my hair and looked one last time at myself before exiting the room. 

Coming into the hall, I saw Dad standing with Mom all set to leave for the office. I cleared my throat to gain their attention and walked towards them with baby steps. They looked at me and mom gave me a small smile. Dad was busy staring at something on his phone.