XLV

Namjoon's POV. -

I stayed with her one more day to help her unpack and arrange the house to her liking before coming back. This time when I left, there wasn't any sign of sadness, discomfort and hurt on her face. She was glowing beautifully. Her lips were stretched in a wide smile all the while. Her eyes were sparkling. And she promised me that she would take care of herself.

I smiled remembering her pouting and hugging me tightly when I was leaving. Not because she wanted me to stay more. But she just could not get enough of my hugs. I almost turned red when she said that. I palmed my face trying to cover the stupid grin on my face.

The flight landed and I saw my secretary standing at the entrance when I came out. I sat in the car and inhaled a deep breath.

"Home?"

My secretary asked after taking the front seat and I thought for a moment before shaking my head.

"No. I need to take care of something before going home."

I said and he looked at me with a frown before nodding. I told him the address and the driver started the car. I closed my eyes and rested my head back. My secretary shook me when we reached. I blinked, took a few deep breaths and exited the car. I felt my heart getting a little heavy looking at the mansion. Y/N's house.

I gulped and signalled my secretary to wait for me before walking ahead. My heartbeat accelerated with each step as I thought about all the possible outcomes of this visit. Until I stood in front of the door, my palms turned sweaty. But I can't back off. Protecting my love's happiness is my responsibility.

I closed my eyes and remembered       Y/N's face before knocking. In a few seconds, a maid opened the door. She greeted me with a bow and let me enter. She asked me to sit and went to call Y/N's parents. Meanwhile, another maid gave me water. I took a sip of the water nervously looking around. When I noticed Y/N's mother entering the hall with a small smile, I placed the glass down and stood up to greet her.

"What a surprise Namjoon. When did you come back?"

She asked while sitting on the couch in front of me and signalling me to sit. I smiled at her and sat down.

"Today itself. I thought of meeting you before going home."

I said directly making her smile fade. She blinked a little nervously before forcing a tight smile on her face.

"Why? What happened? Hope Y/N haven't done something-"

"She didn't. And she can never. Even if she does something to bother me, I'm more than happy to bear it. Because she is my wife."

I cut her off and stated in a determined tone. She gaped at me perplexed.

"Oh."

Her gaze lowered and I inhaled a deep breath before straightening my posture.

"I'm sorry Auntie, if I have ever hurt you with my actions or words. But I just want to let you know that, Y/N is now my responsibility. She's a part of my life. And it will never be a bother to me. I'm more than happy to have her in my life. Her happiness is my happiness. I would love to sacrifice anything if it means her happiness. Just please....don't snatch her smile. I know you're her mother and will always want the best for her. I don't know what you thought while choosing me for her, but I know what I have in me to deserve her. And trust me, she is a diamond. The purest heart with an innocent soul. She is best the way she is. Don't try to change her. And please don't force her into anything. It took me a lot to take her out of her bubble. I don't want her to get caged in those boundaries again."