Ursa Major

On the evening of your outing with Kita, you wait at the cafe where you had previously met him. A minute later he arrives with a small smile on his face.

"I'm sorry," he says as he approaches you. "I didn't mean to be late."

"You're not," you reply as you hug him. "You're right on time."

"Shall we?"

"Lead the way," you smile, following him.

The two of you make your way down the busy street. He leads you a couple of blocks over to a beautiful restaurant with a large glass door.

As you step inside, you take a moment to look around the room. It's fairly simple but elegant. The two of you are greeted by a server and led to a table in the center of the dining area.

"Is this alright?" the server asks as she sets down the menus.

"This is perfect, thank you," Kita replies.

"Enjoy your meal," she smiles, and turns to leave.

"What a beautiful restaurant," you say, turning to Kita.

"It is," he agrees. "I thought it would be a good place for us to catch up."

"Yeah," you smile, nodding.

"So, Y/N," he begins, picking up his menu. "Tell me more about what you've been up to."

"Well," you say, picking up your own menu. "I've been spending my spare time trying to learn how to cook."

"That's nice. What have you been learning to make?"

"Anything and everything," you reply. "I've gotten pretty good at baking. But my skills are lacking when it comes to cooking food. I can barely make a decent meal."

He chuckles softly. "Well, I'd offer to help but I can't say I'm much better, honestly. Maybe the two of us can try and help each other some time."

"Sure," you smile.

"You've really grown up," he then says.

"We've been out of high school for some time," you laugh.

"Yeah, but you're different now," he shrugs. "I don't really know how to describe it. You've changed, but you're still the same."

"I guess that's a good thing," you say, a bit uncertain.

"It is," he reassures.

Just then, the server returns, and the two of you order. Kita then orders a bottle of wine for the two of you which the server quickly brings to the table.

"How has your life been?" you ask him. "I remember you said something about finance, is that correct?"

"Yes, I work for a company called Hyogo," he replies. "It's a pretty big investment firm. We handle a lot of different portfolios. It's a pretty stable job. I don't know what else I would do if I weren't doing this."

"What do you mean? You were so good at volleyball back in high school! You could've gone pro."

He shakes his head, laughing. "I don't know about that. But I do miss it sometimes."

"Same here," you say. "I'm glad we met up again."

"Me too," he smiles.

After the two of you eat, the conversation between you grows more comfortable. You've moved past the simple pleasantries and started having conversations like two friends who haven't missed a beat.

"So, you're still a dancer?" Kita then asks, a hint of curiosity in his voice.

"Yes," you say, nodding. "It's all I've known."