Sagittarius

On Saturday evening, you knock on Kita's door with butterflies in your stomach. Your nerves seem to grow with each passing moment and as the door swings open, you're almost ready to turn and run. But, the soft smile that spreads across his face is enough to make you stay put.

"Hey, you're early," he says, stepping aside.

"Am I? I walked over because I wasn't sure about the traffic," you explain.

"No, it's okay," he assures you as he shuts the door behind you. "I'm glad you're here. I could actually use your help. I was making us some dinner but..."

"But?"

"But it's taking longer than I thought," he admits.

"Oh, that's okay," you grin. "Let me help."

With that, the two of you head into the kitchen and he shows you the explosion in the kitchen. Everything smells delicious, but you can tell he's got too many things going on at once.

"Think you can handle this?" you chuckle, pointing to the meat sizzling on the stove.

"Of course," he nods.

"Alright," you grin, reaching for the vegetables on the counter.

As the two of you fall into an easy rhythm, the awkwardness of being alone together begins to fade.

"Kita, do you have any bowls for this?" you ask as you begin chopping the vegetables.

"Here, I'll grab them," he says as he walks closer to you. As he slides past, he places his hands on your hips, the subtle pressure sending a rush of warmth through you. You can feel the steady beat of his heart against your back as he then reaches past to grab one of the bowls sitting on the counter.

"Thanks," you murmur, your voice barely a whisper as the closeness between the two of you sends a flurry of emotions spiraling through you.

"Anytime," he whispers back, the warmth of his breath tickling the shell of your ear as he lingers.

The two of you stand there for a moment, frozen, the only sounds are the sizzle of the food on the stove and the beating of your hearts. Finally, after what feels like an eternity, he breaks the silence.

"I'm glad you're here. I've missed you."

"You have?" you breathe, your voice a mix of surprise and disbelief.

"Yes," he says, his fingers ghosting along your side. "But to be honest, I had a feeling you weren't going to message me after last time."

Your whole body tenses up at his words. Are you really that easy to read?

"I'm sorry, I should've reached out. It's just... I'm a little overwhelmed. A lot's happened lately," you sigh.

"It's okay," he assures, his fingers trailing along the side of your hip, the touch sending a shiver down your spine. "I'm not mad. Besides, it's nice seeing you here. With me."

Your heart pounds in your chest, the implications of his words hanging in the air.

"Kita," you murmur, his name rolling off your tongue as a question and a warning.

"Yes?" he breathes.

"The steak is burning," you whisper, a soft smile creeping up on your lips as the smell begins to waft through the kitchen.

"Shit," he chuckles, dropping his hands from your waist and hurrying over to the stove.

You let out a shaky breath, the heat of his touch still lingering on your skin as the two of you resume cooking. You can't help but notice the glances he sneaks in your direction, the intensity of his gaze sending a flurry of butterflies fluttering through your stomach.

Finally, the two of you finish cooking and make your way to the table nearby to eat the food. It honestly tastes amazing and the conversation flows easily between the two of you. The more time passes, the more you realize just how much you enjoy being around him.

"Hey, thanks for inviting me over," you grin. "I haven't eaten a real meal in a while."

"Oh, yeah?"

"Yeah," you nod. "Between my jobs, it's a miracle if I can find the time to make a sandwich."

"Well, you're always welcome here. You know that, right?"

"I do," you smile, your cheeks heating up. "Thank you."

As the two of you finish eating, a comfortable silence falls over the room. Then, Kita's demeanor suddenly changes and he shifts uncomfortably in his seat.

"Hey, Y/N," he clears his throat.

Once again your whole body tenses up. You know exactly what he's about to ask you.

"I was wondering if you'd like to go to the wedding with me."

"Um," you murmur, a flicker of anxiety pulsing through you. "Kita, I..."

"It's fine if you don't want to. It's last minute, I know."

"No, I'd love to go," you answer.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I haven't been to a wedding in a long time," you smile.

"Me neither," he agrees.

"Great, then it's a date," he grins.

Your heart skips a beat. A date? You can hardly even breathe just being in the same room as him let alone going on an actual date with him.

"A date," you murmur, a small smile tugging at the corner of your lips.

As the two of you continue talking, the conversation shifting to lighter topics, you can't help but wonder if maybe this really is the start of something that could last.

Later on in the evening the two of you sit in Kita's living room, watching a movie and talking quietly.

"Do you want anything else to eat or drink?" he asks as he grabs a blanket and tosses it over the two of you.

"No, I'm fine, thank you," you say as you let yourself lean in closer to him.

"Alright," he nods, settling back in beside you.

After a few minutes, you find yourself resting your head on his shoulder, your eyelids growing heavy as the events of the day catch up with you. You try to stay awake, not wanting the moment to end, but it's a battle you're quickly losing.

"Y/N," Kita says, his voice low and soft. "Don't you have work tonight?"

Shit, he's right.

"Shit," you groan. "I do. What time is it?"

"It's almost nine. You should get going if you're going to make it."

"Fuck, you're right," you sigh, reluctantly sitting up straight. You then reach into your pocket and pull out your phone. "If you don't mind, I think I'll call out sick," you announce, typing out a quick text to your boss.

"Are you sure? Won't they be mad?"

"Yeah, it's fine," you shake your head. "Sayuri owes me anyway. She'll cover for me," you smile at him.

"If you say so," he chuckles.

With that, you put your phone away and settle back in beside him. This time, the two of you are closer than before, the warmth of his body against yours sending a wave of electricity coursing through you.

"Are you sure you don't mind me staying later than we planned?" you whisper, glancing up at him.

"No, of course I don't mind it," he murmurs, his eyes meeting yours.

"Kita," you breathe, your voice barely audible.

"Yes?" he whispers, his gaze dropping to your lips.

"I-," you begin, but the words die on your tongue as you find yourself unable to form a coherent sentence.

"Y/N," he says, his voice laced with a hint of desire.

"Mhm?" you manage, your heart hammering in your chest.

"Kiss me," he says.

You swallow hard, a mix of emotions swirling within you. 

"Okay."