Chapter Fourteen

(Hello everyone. I'm so sorry for the long wait for the new chapter. I've been dealing with my bad mental health and I have stressful school. Next chapter some things like the way I write and other things will be changed. Once again I'm sorry for the long wait. Hope you enjoy the chapter!)

"Maybe some time away from the river will teach you to be grateful for what you have!" Kestrel growled. I didn't have time to process what was happening. I couldn't stop it, it was too late. I looked over to my left and saw Clay charge across the cave and yell.
"Let her go" Clay grabbed the chain that tied Tsunami. But he let go, hissing with pain at the heat of the chain.
"You'll regret this." Tsunami snarled. She clawed at the chain around her back leg, but pulling on it tightened the loop around her neck. She hissed, and with that, she stopped struggling.
"When we are free- when my family hears about this- when the rest of the world finds out how you treated the dragonets of destiny-" Tsunami was cut off.
"All your big dreams of your wonderful family. They don't care about you. When it is time to fulfil the prophecy, you'll be alive, and the Talons of Peace will have you. And that's all that matters." Kestrel mocked Tsunami.
"Why are you doing this?" Sunny cried. I felt like doing or saying something but I couldn't. My body wouldn't let me. I just stayed in the back corner.
"Tsunamis the good one! She's wonderful! If anyone can save the world, it's her! Y/N too." Sunny added.
"Actually, tiny Sandwing," Morrowseer walked into the cave.
"The dragonet you should believe in is Starflight over there." He nodded at Starflight. Starflight ducked his head.
"Yeah because Nightwings are soooo superior," I said in a sarcastic voice. Morrowseer glared at me. Kestrel rolled her eyes. Morrowseer ignored me.
"Nightwings are natural leaders. You do what he says, and you'll be alright."

(Darkstalker don't take that insult personally, alright)

I glanced at Starflight and saw Glory standing in the archway of her own sleeping cave. Morrowseer narrowed his eyes at her. I glared at him, he noticed I was.
"I'll be back tomorrow... To make sure everything has been... Dealt with." Morrowseer said to the guardians.
"We understand," Kestrel said. Together Kestrel and Dune rolled the boulder aside, that blocked the entrance of the mountain. Morrowseer squeezed through the gap and disappeared into the blackness without a backward glance.
"This is for your own good." Webs said, stopping in front of Tsunami. She raked her talons at him, and he stepped back.
"We only want to keep you safe. Maybe this isn't the perfect way, but-" Webs got cut off.
"But dragonets don't know what's best for them," Dune said as the boulder thudded back into place.
"You need us, like it or not," Dune added.
"You were all awful today. No dinner for any of you. Go to bed, I don't want to hear a squawk out of anyone until morning." Kestrel said. I looked at Webs, he just shook his head.
"Really? What else are you going to do to me?" Tsunami challenged Kestrel.
"What if I feel like singing all night?" Tsunami started howling in her off-key voice.
"Oh, the dragonets are coming! They're coming to save the day! They're coming to fight, for they know what's right, the dragonets, hooray!"
"This is your fault. I told you not to teach them that horrible bar song." Dune snarled at Webs.
"OH, THE DRAGONETS ARE COMING!" Tsunami bellowed even louder.
"We have more chains!" Kestrel yelled in Tsunami's ear.
"We could throw one around your snout if you would like me to force you to be quiet." Tsunami stopped, glaring at Kestrel. She then took another breath in and opened her mouth.

"Or we could chain up one of your friends." Kestrel offered.
"Perhaps Y/N would like to spend the night hanging from a stalactite, so you have some company out here." I felt uneasy. Why me of all dragons? I thought anxiously. Tsunami closed her jaws and laid down with her head turned away from everyone. Her gills fluttered furiously, but she kept quiet.
"Much better," Kestrel said. She stomped off to her tunnel, her red scales flaring brightly in the fires reflection. Webs followed her with his wet tail leaving a darker trail behind them. Sunny pounced on Dune's tail before he could follow behind them.
"Please don't leave her like this. I know you are not that mean." Sunny said. Dune shook her off.
"We are doing what we have to do."
"Dune... Please don't." I pleaded. His eyes softened as he looked at me. He sighed.
"Sorry kiddo. It's what we have to do." He replied. He went after the others. As soon as they left, Clay tried tugging on Tsunami's chains again. I walked over and tried tugging on them too. But the chains were too strong for us.
"Guys, stop," Tsunami whispered
"You know what you have to do. Go, quickly. " I noticed Clay shiver, he hated the cold water, but I loved it. However, Tsunami was right, we had to spy on the guardians, it's important. Clay ran and dove into the river, and I followed close behind him. Through the water, I could hear the muffled echo of Sunny's nervous squeak, as I swam against the current of the rock wall, with Clay in front of me. But without Tsunami's glow-in-the-dark scales to guide us, it took us a little longer to find the gap that led to the other cave. But finally, Clay felt open space under his claws, he ducked and squeezed through. I followed. My heart was beating fast against my chest as Clay and I popped through into the other cave. We slowly paddled to the surface and poked our ears into the air. I was lucky it was dark and they weren't suspecting us, because I definitely would've been noticed. This wasn't the loud confrontation we had heard the night before. Instead, the three big dragons were huddled around the fire whispering. None of them looked at the river as Clay and I floated closer.
"When tomorrow?" Webs asked. Kestrel leaned towards the fire, baking her scales an even brighter red.
"He'll be back by midday. It has to be done by then." Her tail was coiled in a tight knot beside her.
"He doesn't want to see her again." I noticed Clay clench his talons under the water. I felt angry. We both knew they were talking about Glory.
"Well, I'm not doing it." Webs said. Dune shot him an annoyed look.
"No one thought you would, darling." Webs felt a little flustered.

"Even though this is all your fault." Kestrel snapped.
"I still think we need five of them." Webs snapped.
"What's he going to do about that?" Webs added.
"He will find us a Skywing," Kestrel said.
"Properly this time. No colourful substitutions." They all went quiet for a moment and started into the fire.
"So, how and when?" Dune asked.
"I think drowning would be simplest. Wouldn't you agree Webs~?" Dune looked at Webs. Webs mumbled something. Then he spoke up.
"I joined the Talons of Peace to stop killing. I won't argue with Morrowseer, but I'm not doing it." Webs said.
"It has to be me," Kestrel said in a choked, tense voice.
"She's just a Rainwing, but she still might get away from you." She nodded at Dune's missing foot and the long scar that ran through his mangled wing.
"But can you go through with it?" Webs asks.
"Isn't it too much like- I mean, we all know what happened-"
"That was different." Kestrel snapped.
"Glory is just a Rainwing. I don't care about her. I don't even like her." She blasted a ball of flames at the fire so it blazed up.
"If you're sure..." Webs started.
"I'll do it tonight while she is sleeping," Kestrel said.
"I can get in there and break her neck before the others know what I am doing. Especially with the bossy one safely chained up. Since is the only one that would try and stop me." I noticed Clay shaking, I held one of his talons in my own. I felt scared and pissed. There were lots of little waves on the water. We started paddling backwards but Clay froze when he heard his name.
"Not Clay?" Dune asked.
"He might try, at least."
"He will definitely try. Dumb as a rock, but he is loyal to the other five." Webs said.
"It's not natural, that much loyalty in a dragon. Especially to dragons outside your own tribe." Dune said.
"Says yourself," Kestrel said snarkily.

"I can handle him. Even if he finally gets mad like we want him to, there's nothing he can do to stop me."
"What about Y/N?" Webs asked.
"Considering her gift and frost breath."
"I'll handle her," Dune said. He sighed. Clay and I had heard enough. We sank below the surface and swan to the gap in the wall. I had no idea of what we were gonna do. There is not enough time...

(Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Thank you all for the support. I might be updating later. Have a good day or night!)

Stay Safe and Stay Well

By yours truly

Word Count 1591

Have a Wings of Fire meme