Returning Home

(This part is of a dream that I had one time of Sonic and Shadow restoring the prism and for the aftermath... it's kind of based from the beta work of this show of when Sonic loses his friends.)

Sonic and Shadow were back in Ghost Hill. With all five shards.

"Well... this is it." Sonic said. "As soon as the prism is rebuilt. Our home will be fixed too."

"That's right." Shadow said, picking up the Ghost Hill shard. "Let's get to work."

Shadow placed the first shard back into place, reactivating the ghost like shape of the original prism, before it was broken. Sonic picked up the No Place and New Yoke shards. Shadow picked up the Boscage one. Sonic placed the blue shard first, followed by the red one. Shadow placed in the green one, which left the purple shard from the Grim.

"One shard left." Sonic said, picking up the final shard. "This was when... Nine almost ruined everything."

"Exactly. But now he's dead. And he won't interfere with us getting home." Shadow said.

"You place in the final shard, Shadow." Sonic said, handing him the final shard. "It was all my fault we almost lost our chances of getting home. Again..."

Shadow knew Sonic still wasn't feeling so good after ending Nine.

"We'll do it together." Shadow said. "I know this is still a lot to process. But, I'm with you until this is over."

"Alright, then. Thanks, Shadow." Sonic said, as Shadow placed his hand on the final shard with Sonic.

Sonic and Shadow placed in the final shard together. The prism was fully rebuilt. A shockwave of prism energy blasted Ghost Hill, restoring Sonic's home and friends. Sonic and Shadow saw their home was all fixed. But time seemed to continue from just after Sonic had broken the prism. Amy, Tails, Knuckles, and Rouge were on their backs, and Eggman was stuck.

"We did it! We're home!" Sonic said, happily.

"Now let's get the doctor out of here, so this can never happen again." Shadow said, pointing over to Eggman's mech.

"Right." Sonic said, realizing that his fight with Eggman wasn't over.

Sonic and Shadow worked together to get rid of Eggman from Paradox Peak. 'I came up with that name myself since the prism was inside a mountain.' Sonic and Shadow got rid of Eggman from the mountain and the prism. And he won't be going after it ever again.

"We did it." Sonic said, with a smile.

"It's all over now." Shadow said, relieved.

Tails, Amy, Knuckles, and Rouge started to get up. They saw that Eggman was gone. But they weren't too happy when they saw Sonic.

"Well, look at that. You managed to stop Eggman from getting the prism. But you still caused damage to our home!" Tails said, sarcastically.

"I... what?" Sonic said, confused by Tails' additude.

"You didn't even listen to us during this mission!" Knuckles said, in anger. "That's what!"

"That's a major low, even for you, Sonic!" Rouge said.

"Oh, boy." Shadow said, knowing this was going to happen.

"Why did I ever fall in love with someone who prefers to work alone?!" Amy said, pissed off.

"Why are you so mad at me? I might've broke our world, but I fixed it." Sonic said, trying to calm the situation.

"That's the point! It's like you don't care about the consequences when you ruin everything!" Tails said, pushing Sonic to the ground. "You're a disgrace, Sonic!"

"You're worthless!" Rouge said. "Just like those fake emeralds you tried using to attempt to trick the doctor."

"It's best we never cross paths with you ever again." Knuckles said.

"We're voting you out of the Freedom Fighters, for good!" They all said, in unison.

Knuckles got Sonic up to his feet and pushed him away from the others.

"Do us all a favor and get lost!" Tails said.

Sonic began to cry. He couldn't believe it. His friends have still turned against him. Even after fixing everything.

"Fine. Be mad at me. At least I had help with getting everything fixed in Green Hill!" Sonic yelled, in anger and sadness. "I would've gotten my home back a lot sooner if I wasn't betrayed by you, Nine!"

Tails was confused on what Sonic meant.

"I got scared while in that broken reality, because I thought I wouldn't see you anymore!" Sonic screamed. "I just want some comfort after all that crap! You don't want to see me anymore? You want to be angry at me? Want me to leave forever?! FINE! I know that this was all my fault, but the least I could have is a thank you for having everything fixed! I hate you all!!!"

Sonic turned dark and flew off crying. Amy, Knuckles, and Tails felt bad for him.

"Good riddance!" Rouge said, crossing her arms.

"What just..." Tails said, shocked from Sonic's behavior.

"Sonic and I have been through a lot restoring our home." Shadow said. "A distorted version of you Tails, Nine, made Sonic mentally snap."

"Oh, yikes." Tails said, worried.

"What can we do to help?" Knuckles asked.

"I think it's best we leave him alone for a little while." Shadow replied. "It's been a long day, and we all need to rest. Especially Sonic."

"I'll talk to Sonic once he's calmed down enough." Amy said, feeling concerned for her boyfriend.

Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Rouge, and Shadow left Paradox Peak and went back home.

With finally restoring the Paradox Prism, Sonic and Shadow are finally home once again. But how will the others help Sonic with what he had gone through in the Shatterverse?

(End of Part 2)

(Publish date: 10/14/2023)

'There is much more that I wanted to see for Sonic Prime Season 3. But this was written up on here to tell you guys how I remember my dream of the show's potential ending. I will follow up with an aftermath to it for SonAmy fans. As I am one myself, and I'm going through a lot.'