Restoring Reality and Going Home

(Continues as the final episode begins.)

Sonic and Nine crashed down in the lab. Sonic's energy has almost been fully destabilized. He didn't have much time left with using his dark powers. He looked up to see the rebuilt prism. Nine attacked, as Sonic blocked the blast. He was taken down to where Nine had set up a hammock hanging on two palm trees set just for him.

"You planned this for me?" Sonic asked.

Nine yelled out and charged at Sonic again. He conserved his dark powers for when he really needed it.

"Nine, listen!" Sonic said in concern, blocking off Nine's attacks. "I didn't understand what you were doing. Whoa!"

Nine's attacks were getting more lethal.

"Stop talking!" Nine opened fire yet again.

Sonic dodged his blasts, still struggling to get Nine to snap out of it.

"You just wanted a better life! Like my home, but for the both of us!" Sonic said.

"Stand still and fight me!" Nine yelled.

"You want a fight? Fine by me!" Sonic went dark, one last time." Let's go, traitor!"

Sonic ran in and fist fighted Nine, one on one. The darkened hedgehog knocked him away to the ground.

"I'm gonna enjoy ripping those mechanical tails, right off your back!" Sonic said, gripping the already damaged tails of Nine. "One, by, one!"

"Seven... six..." Sonic counted down as he ripped the first two tails off, before being kicked aside.

Nine fired a blast, which of course the dark hedgehog blocked it with his shield like ability from his regulators.

"That doesn't work on me anymore, remember?" Sonic smirked evilly, before firing a repelling blast.

Nine didn't have the reaction time to block or dodge it. He was knocked back down on the floor, as Sonic approached.

"Two down..." Sonic said, before walking towards Nine yet again.

The navy hedgehog ripped off the third and fourth mechanical tails off Nine's back.

"Five... four..." Sonic counted while, ripping them off.

Nine knocked him back again, Sonic was far from giving up. Yet he didn't have much time left.

"Just three left." Sonic said, to himself.

"Stand still!" Nine yelled, charging one final blast with what power he had left.

Sonic and Nine fired at each other, which built up their energy in between them. The blast eventually was building up to the point of it becoming too much. They were knocked back from an explosion from the right. When they regained their conscious, they looked up to see everyone else was here.

"It's over, Nine." Shadow said, furiously.

"Get back!" Nine said, getting up. "Don't make me destroy you all!"

Sonic has had enough of this, as he punched Nine down to the ground.

"Like Shadow said, Nine..." Sonic gripped Nine by the collar of his shirt. "It's over!"

Nine attempted to fire, but his remaining mechanical tails were out of power.

"You caused a lot of irreversible damage when you betrayed me. First you murdered my friends, then you destroyed my home, and now you've pretty much caused the end of the universe! All of this. Was caused by you!" Sonic snarled. "Well, the A.I. in your mechanical tails to be exact. But it doesn't matter anymore. You should've let Shadow and I go back home when you had the chance. Now, there's only one thing left for me to do to you."