Protecting the Prism

(Continues off as Sonic and Shadow made it home.)

Sonic woke up to see he was okay. And he was finally home.

"Oh, where am I?" Sonic said, dazed.

Sonic saw he was back to the moment before he originally broke the prism.

"It worked! I'm home!" Sonic said, in triumph.

Sonic rushed over to Knuckles, giving him a fist bump.

"Knuckles! Pound it!" Sonic said, before rushing over to Rouge. "Fly high, Rouge!"

He then rushed over to Amy, with a sweet smile.

"Nobody protects nature better than you, my sweet Amy." Sonic said, before giving Amy a kiss on her cheek. "I love you so much."

Sonic ran over to Tails last.

"Hi, buddy. I can't tell you how much I missed you... or how much I can't wait to hear you say, 'Sonic, wait!' In less than twenty seconds." Sonic said, before rushing off to stop Eggman again.

Time began to flow normally again. Eggman laughed evilly attempting to get the Prism out.

"Step away from the Prism, Eggman!" Sonic said.

"Not this time, you fool!" Eggman said.

"You asked for it!" Sonic said, building up his speed to take Eggman out.

"Sonic, wait!" Nine said.

"I sure hope this works." Sonic said, as he began to yell rushing in at full speed.

"Sonic, no!" Amy, Knuckles, Rouge, and Tails said in unison.

Sonic went dark once again, and punched Eggman away from the prism, crashing into the cave wall behind him. The evil doctor was dazed for a moment, before shaking it off and seeing the darkened hedgehog floating in front of him.

"Whuh?" Eggman was shocked.

"Huh?" The others were just as shocked.

Sonic floated back down, returning to normal.

"I'm so glad I kept these powers." Sonic chuckled happily a little, before rushing over to Eggman.

Sonic then jumped up to Eggman with a smile, knowing reality was restored.

"Uh... What do you think you're doing?" Eggman said, confused.

"I'm just happy to see everyone. Even you, Eggy." Sonic said, smiling.

"What? Stop that!" Eggman said, as he punched Sonic away from him. "I can't stand you, you blue buffoon!"

Sonic landed beside his friends, chuckling a little before having a serious expression.

"Alright, guys. There's two things that are gonna happen here." Sonic said. "One, we protect the Paradox Prism. And two, we stick together no matter what it takes! Now let's go crack that rotten egg."

"Huh! I guess he finally heard the 'stick together' part." Amy said.

Sonic and his friends took down Eggman's badniks as usual.

"Say goodbye to your trees and beaches!" Eggman said. "My time has finally come!"

"Take the shot, Tails!" Sonic said.

Tails did so and blasted Eggman back, following with Amy hammering him a few feet away from the Prism. Rouge did so too with keeping the evil scientist away.

"Why, you little..." Eggman said, frustrated.

Sonic dropped in with a spin dash thanks to Tails' help. Knuckles punched Eggman away, giving the Freedom Fighters their chance to guard the Prism.