Betrayal; War for the Shatterverse begins!

(Continues off as Episode 20 *S3, E4* starts.)

Sonic and Nine were shocked to see the mothership was here.

"What the- How were they able to-?" Sonic stuttered.

"They must've triangulated your position and used your energy signature to breach the dome." Nine said. "It's pretty clever. That's what I would've done."

Everyone was here. The council, the resistance, the scavengers, and Dread's whole crew.

"I'll be right back." Sonic said, rushing off to the others.

"Predictable." Nine said, a bit irritated.

Nine was beginning to lose control again. Sonic dashed over to the others, who all landed near the edge of the dome.

"Sonic?" Thorn said.

"For the Chaos Council!" Dr. Deep said, as everyone jumped out ready to fight.

"What are you all doing here?" Sonic asked.

"It's called saving your butt. What do you think we're doing?" Renegade Knucks explained.

"No, that's not the deal." Sonic said. "I told you I'm giving myself up, so you guys are spared."

"And let that villain Nine do whatever he wants with you?" Squad Commander Red said. "Not an option."

"No one believes that fox will keep his word." Rebel Rouge said, flying up to Sonic. "You fought at our side, all of us, often enough. Doing the same is the least we can do."

"Actually, the least we could do would be nothing." Batten said, butting in.

"Can we move this along? I got places to be, and the disappearing as we speak." Renegade Knucks said.

"This was your plan, to catch me off guard?" Nine said.

"Uh... no. And I'm just as surprised as you are. Who knew I had so many friends?" Sonic said, before jumping down to tell the others about Nine's condition. "Alright, everyone. Looks like we're in for a real fight. But if we can get those mechanical tails of Nine off of him, he should be back to normal."

Everyone was confused on what Sonic had just said.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Rebel Rouge asked.

"Nine installed an inhibitor chip in his mechanical tails to maintain control of them." Sonic explained. "The prism energy has been shorting out its function. That's why he's all irritated and everything."

"Ooohhhhh." Everyone else said, in realization.

"You've betrayed me for the last time. The deal is off!" Nine said.

"I didn't betray you, Nine. You're the one that's betrayed me!" Sonic yelled out to Nine. "Twice! Well, actually more than twice. But that's not the point. It's very clear you're not going to cooperate. So, I'll give you one last chance! Hand over the prism, or I'll rip those mechanical tails right off your back and take it from you by force!"

"I'd like to see you try." Nine gritted his teeth. "Your friends deserved to die, anyway."

Sonic gasped in shock. He knew Nine didn't really mean it. But if it meant harming his friend would be the only way to help him restore control, Sonic had no choice.

"Oh, now you've done it." Sonic snarled, about to go dark.

"You think you can come here and make demands?" Nine said angrily, before flying up. "This is my world!"

The Alpha Grim bots ran to the fortress in position.

"I told you coming here was a bad idea." Gnarly said, scared.

"Don't do this! Look around, you're outnumbered." Sonic said, jumping back up. "Give back the prism, or else you're gonna die."

"You're the one that's going to die, Sonic! Remember, if you use your dark powers too much with the negative energy still having an affect on them, you won't survive!" Nine said, before landing to the Citadel.

Nine powered his fortress up, which caused it to rise more up from the ground with a new barricade. The dome deactivated and reactivated quickly. He then absorbed more energy and used that to clone his bots. Nine's army was massive.

"So much for Nine surrendering." Renegade Knucks said.

"Robotic Sonics?" Dr. Deep said. "The nerve, he stole our idea!"

"It didn't have to be like this." Sonic said, frustrated.

"Sonic, think, Nine brought you here so he could drain your Prism energy. You can't just go running off." Rebel Rouge pointed out.

"You're right. It's too late to fix this by myself." Sonic said. "Let's teach Nine that if he messes with one of us, he messes with all of us."

Everyone cheered in agreement.

"Argh! Enough is enough, attack!" Nine ordered his army.

The robotic army charged at the resistance. Sonic jumped down, and re-entered his dark form.

"Resistance! Kill that fox!" Sonic yelled, as he and his allies charged.

The war for the Shatterverse... has begun!

(*The battle goes on as normal. Except Sonic is in his dark form most of the time.*)

(End of Part 8)

(Publish date: 2/3/2024)

'Hey, guys. Sorry if this seems like I'm being lazy, but this is of how I would see Dark Sonic in Sonic Prime S3. Sonic is pretty much in his dark form for most of the war.'