Chapter 10

"What is the meaning of this?!" Anu asked the soldiers as approached them in his royal garb. "My envoys told me that we were allowed to enter this country. Why are we being harassed all of a sudden?!"

"Sir, please stand back." one of the soldiers told him.

"I am Prince Nefertari Anu of the Kingdom of Alabasta!" Anu informed him. "I am here on a diplomatic expedition to establish relations with your people! Why are we being hindered from doing our job?!"

"Our apologies your majesty, but everyone must pay a fee when they enter our country. No exceptions." another soldier informed him.

"Who's the leader of this squad?" Anu asked.

"That would be me, sir. Cpt. McKinley, at your service." the soldier told him.

"Tell me captain, are you familiar with the Navy of the Blue Seas?" Anu asked him as he approached him.

"Yes, your majesty." McKinley answered.

"Very well then." Anu said as he approached the captain and whispered something into his ear that made him turn solid white.

"M-m-my apologies, your highness. Your crimes are forgiven and you'll get no more trouble from us!" McKinley said as he instructed the other soldiers to get on their knees and bow.

"That's better." Anu said as he turned his nose to the soldiers. "Let us leave these people dear. We have a mission to complete." Anu finished as he took Robin's arm in his own and the pair returned to the ship. At least they were until Nami crashed the waver she was riding into McKinley's face as he and his group stood back up.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?!" Nami screamed at the soldier.

"Oh for the love of..." Anu said as he started to facepalm.

"Huh?! Damn it!! That outrageous fine made me lose it!" Nami explained.

"HE NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT A FINE YOU NIMROD!!" Anu yelled at Nami.

"Thanks for letting me use your waver mister. It was fun!" Nami thanked Pagaya.

"You're welcome." Pagaya replied. "But I'm sorry about all this unpleasantness. This is terrible!"

"Run, Luffy!!" Nami yelled as she grabbed Luffy's hand and made a break for the ship.

"Huh?! Why'd you just pick a fight with that guy?!" Luffy asked as he was being dragged along.

"Don't do anything to cross the God Eneru!! I'm serious!!" she warned. "That was an accident just now!!"

"HOLD IT!!" McKinley yelled at the duo. "THERE'S NOWHERE YOU CAN RUN! FIRST YOU VERBALLY ABUSED US! AND THAT ATTACK WAS CLEARLY A CASE OF OBSTRUCTING A GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL FROM PERFORMING HIS DUTIES. A CLASS 5 CRIMINAL OFFENSE!!"

Nami, Luffy, Anu, and Robin continued running back to the ship amidst all the chaos.

"I had things under control Nami!" Anu yelled at Nami.

"You sure about that?!" Nami retorted. "It looked like you were about to pay that stupid fine!"

"They had forgiven it and we're gonna let us go, you idiot!" Anu yelled back.

"Wait, really?!" Nami asked.

"Yes." Robin replied. "We were about to return to the ship before you crashed the waver into that soldier."

"I'm sorry!" Nami sheepishly apologized.

"It's too late for that now!" Anu shot back. "You just attacked one of the people that represent Eneru's vassals. They're definitely not gonna let us off the hook for that!"