First day

I woke up to pansy screaming and throwing everything about. 'Pans what the hell?!' I groaned, trying to wake myself up a little as she flung the curtains open.

'Danielle wake the hell up it's our first day and we're going to be bloody late!' She screamed. I got up and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

Pansy and I had been best friends since before we could walk. We were inseparable. She always stays at my house during the summer, it's a traditional thing we made up since we started hogwarts. God it feels like first year was yesterday and now we're going into sixth year. 2 years left for fuck sake!

I began to put on my uniform when my mother bursts into my bedroom. 'Danielle what have I told you about getting up late!!' She screams. My mother has always been strict but at the same time she's never here. My father left me when I was 4 years old, he left us for his mistress that he'd been cheating on my mother with. Jokes on him because he tried coming back o us after he caught her having sex with his brother. Sad little man....

My mother rushes over and starts doing my hair as I'm doing my makeup because I'm apparently being slow. She curled my hair into beach waves and put it half up half down with two curled strands out the front and sides near my ears. My mother is very posh. Always dressing fancy like she's going to a very important meeting, the house I live in- well I wouldn't exactly call it a house but it's like a mansion but smaller. The rosewood manor. On the outside there's dozens of rose bushes, white, red, pink, blue, any colour rose you would find outside. On the inside of the manor is covered in mirrors, pictures, big chandeliers, giant ballroom and much more.

-

My mother apparated me and pansy to the train station. As I was about to leave my mother pulled me back gently but roughly by my wrist.

'Yes mother?' I asked her in a polite tone. She looked me dead in the eye with a stern look on her face. 'Danielle I expect the very best from you, stay out of trouble and make sure you stay as one of the top three in your classes, I love you' she said, pulling me into a loose hug and kissing my cheek.

I had parted ways with my mother. Me and pansy walked onto the train as are trunks had already been taken. We made our way to the back of the train as our friends would be there. The only person I disliked was mattheo Thomas riddle. I absolutely despise him.

I'm first year I tried speaking to him, mainly because I was trying to get to know my peers and make friends. I remember walking up to him and trying to talk to him but he gave me the cold shoulder. I tried tapping his arm because I thought he couldn't hear me but he could. As my hand touched his shoulder he grabbed my wrist and threw it off and gave me the dirtiest look ever. Ever since we had despised each other.

Me and pans entered the cabin where our friends were. I peeped in and there he was. Fucking riddle.

We sat down, pansy between Theodore and Draco, me between Lorenzo and mattheo.

'God can anyone switch seats with me?' He said stubbornly. God he's such a prick. 'Can you two not get along for one bloody minute?!' Draco said, clearly irritated.

'No!' We both said in unison. Pansy stood up and so did I and we swapped seats.

'So..excited for the first day back?' Lorenzo said awkwardly. Everyone just glared at him. 'I'll take that as a no' he said, leaning his head on the window.

Shortly we arrived at hogwarts. We entered the great hall and sat down as all the first years got sorted into their houses. 67 in gryfindor, 28 in hufflepuff, 35 in ravenclaw and 78 in slytherin. Altogether that's 208 new students. Jesus Christ this is gonna be a king and eventful year...

HOPE YOUR ALL ENJOYING THE STORY SO FAR!! Sorry this isn't as long as I normally do them but it's the first chapter so who cares?!!!!

Question of the day: what's your favourite colour?