15: Aftermath

Hey, it's been a while... Well, I don't think to you, but to me? Yes, it's been a while.
Anyways, I think today we're going to bury you. Unless, the Titans build something. Zavala has been real quiet lately, and I don't know if it's because you're dead or he's up to something. I guess I'll find out later.
To change the subject, I'm not wearing my armor today. I have a suit, if you were wondering. Very stiff, stiffer than armor surprisingly. Saint gave it to me, said something about a celebration for the end of the war. I don't know if I'll attend, but I'll wear this for now.
Oh I almost forgot!
I have a new exotic. We kinda made it out of Savathún, like we did with the other Hive gods... It's decent, I told Banshee to make it a hand cannon. I'm not going to use it, but I know you would like it. In case you were wondering, I made sure it was painful for that witch. She deserves it after what happened to you...
I don't think I have anything else to say.
. . .
Ah screw it!
I really miss you. Every single day, I wonder how I could have done something differently. I wonder if I could've saved you, but then I look back and realize, you're gone for good.
I remember when I first met you. So rude, not very likable, but interesting. As the days went by, I was drawn closer to you, and you to me.
I wish you were here, alive, sitting right next to me. Yet, you are not, and you are in front of me, dead, in a coffin. You are still beautiful though... Just as I remember.
The bells are ringing. That means the celebration has begun. I... I have to go. They want me to tell your story, to share what it was like being with you. Then they'll play your favorite song, and we'll celebrate the end of the war.
I'll go, I'll tell your story, tell them of our adventures. That way, you still live in the hearts of the people. In this way, you will still be with me.

Darkness is gone. Light still stands. However, you do not. Not anymore.