Chapter 8: Heated Confrontation

Jeonghan sprawled on the couch, flipping through magazines with a mix of boredom and disdain as he chatted on the phone. His designer robe draped elegantly over him, the luxurious fabric hinting at his high-profile lifestyle.

“If you’ve somehow forgotten in your happily married life, you still have a social media account that needs to be kept alive!” Joshua’s voice came through, dripping with exasperation. Jeonghan sighed, regretting the early morning call to check on Joshua’s well-being.

“I know, I just forget,” Jeonghan said, his voice betraying a hint of annoyance.

Joshua's voice came through with a mixture of exasperation and amusement. “Swear to God, Jeonghan, someday you’re gonna turn amnesic from all this forgetting.”

Jeonghan sighed dramatically, pressing his lips into a thin line. “Why do you always have to make a big deal out of everything?”

“You’re a model, Jeonghan. People need to see you. If you stop posting, I won’t be cashing in by the end of the month,” Joshua said, his tone almost scolding.

Jeonghan made a show of pouting as he tossed the magazine aside. “That won’t be happening. I promise I’ll post,” he said, grabbing his phone and holding it to his ear with an exaggerated sigh.

“Post something with Seungcheol.”

Jeonghan’s brows furrowed. “What?”

“Post something with Seungcheol or related to Seungcheol,” Joshua insisted.

Jeonghan recoiled slightly, as if the suggestion was a personal affront. “The fuck? Why him? It’s my page. He won’t agree—and actually, I don’t want to post that fucker on my page.”

Joshua’s voice took on a persuasive tone. “He’s your husband, Hannie. Don’t you think people will wonder why you’re not posting him? You’re married now!”

Jeonghan rolled his eyes, a dramatic gesture accentuated by the arch of his brow. “I don’t care. People need to get a life and stop thirsting for me or my husband’s pictures.”

Joshua chuckled on the other end of the line. “Well, you may not care, but I do. Your career’s not just about you anymore. It’s about the whole package.”

Jeonghan adjusted his robe with a faint smirk. “So now my marriage is part of your marketing strategy?”

“Exactly,” Joshua said, sounding more confident. “You know how it is. People love a good love story. It keeps the followers coming.”

Jeonghan waved a hand dismissively, a smirk tugging at the corner of his lips. "Whatever, he’s way too ugly for my page anyway," he said, though deep down he knew it was a lie. Seungcheol’s chiseled jaw, sharp features, and that smoldering fox gaze made him anything but ugly.

Joshua laughed on the other end of the line. "Come on, Jeonghan. We both know Seungcheol’s the kind of guy who shows up in everyone’s fantasies. He’s not ugly."

Jeonghan scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Well, he is for me. I’m way too gorgeous for him."

Joshua sighed, the sound slightly muffled. "Hey—"

Jeonghan’s interest piqued. "What’s up?" he asked, settling more comfortably on the couch, his robe sliding to reveal a glimpse of his pale, slender leg.

"Um, nothing big. Just that someone’s been leaving roses at my door since last week, and I have no idea who it is," Joshua said, his voice tinged with curiosity.

Jeonghan’s eyes narrowed playfully as he bit his lip. "Seriously? You couldn’t have mentioned this sooner?"

"It’s not a big deal," Joshua insisted, though there was a hint of nervousness in his tone.