Chapter 21. Arms of protection

Slam.

Wonwoo looks up through the rim of his glass, seeing Mingyu's steely gaze fixated on him. He sucks at his teeth, leaning back in his chair with a nonchalant smirk.

"What?"

"Give it back." Mingyu's glare intensifies, his posture rigid with anger. Wonwoo rolls his eyes, taking a leisurely sip of his coffee.

"Give what?"

"My money. I know it's you. That huge of an amount—how the fuck did you even—never mind." Mingyu folds his arms over his chest, frustration seeping through his words. Wonwoo clicks his tongue, feigning boredom.

"It's not me. Now, go away," Wonwoo replies, his tone dripping with casual indifference. He stands up, brushing imaginary dust off his shirt, and starts to walk away.

Mingyu groans as he stands up, determinedly trailing after Wonwoo. He can't fathom how Wonwoo pulled off such a clean heist.

No one has the guts or audacity to steal from him and Soonyoung and walk around alive. Mingyu is torn between slamming Wonwoo's head against the concrete for stealing six million won or kissing him for being such a tech genius.

"See, I'm being kind and letting you off the hook. Just return my goddamn money," Mingyu hisses, grabbing Wonwoo's hand and yanking him back. In a heartbeat, Mingyu's eyes widen as Wonwoo twists his arm with the same hand and grabs a handful of his hair, tugging him backward.

"Stop touching me without my fucking consent. How hard is that?" Wonwoo growls lowly, glaring at Mingyu, who tilts his head and smiles.

"We look so hot right now."

"Are you a masochist or something?"

"If you want me to be. I'll be anything for you, my kotyonok," Mingyu says with a grin.

"I'll kill you." Wonwoo snaps.

Wonwoo narrows his eyes, loosening his grip on Mingyu’s hair just enough to let him feel a hint of freedom before yanking him closer. Their breaths mingle in the small space between them, and the air crackles with tension.

"Don't flatter yourself," Wonwoo sneers, his voice dripping with disdain. "You're lucky I haven’t spent the money yet."

Mingyu chuckles darkly, the sound resonating in the empty alleyway. "Oh, come on, baby. You know you love this game as much as I do."

"You think this is a game?" Wonwoo's grip tightens again, and Mingyu winces but doesn't pull away. "You have no idea what you're dealing with. If Seokmin finds out he'll rip your head apart."

"Oh, I do," Mingyu counters, his eyes gleaming with mischief. "And maybe that's why I'm still here, trying to negotiate instead of breaking your neck."

Wonwoo shoves him away, finally letting go, and watches as Mingyu stumbles but quickly regains his balance. "Stay out of my way, or next time, I won’t be so forgiving."

Mingyu smirks, brushing off his clothes as if nothing happened. "I'll take my chances. But remember, Wonwoo, you owe me."

Wonwoo scoffs, turning his back on Mingyu and walking away, his mind already strategizing how to handle the stolen money. Mingyu watches him go, his smile never fading.