CHAPTER 11

Tate

I swear I could hear Jake's voice in the back of my head, repeating that same phrase over and over again.

"Swear to me, Kuya. Swear to me"

I closed my eyes as I felt the nerves twisting in my head. I pushed the cart a meter away from her, I don't want to ignite the fire lurking inside me. I don't want to cause anymore damage, it's unfair to her and Jake and especially to their child

I know from the beginning that I shouldn't. It's against my oath.

But when I glanced at her, meticulously reading the nutrition information at the back of a mushroom can I almost choked myself. Fuck she's beautiful and glowing. Pregnancy fits her. Hiyang na hiyang.

Kinastigo ko ang sarili for thinking that way, I sounded like a perverted asshole deprived of sex. I keep staring at her while I keep my distance. I badly want to be close to her just like what happened earlier but I know I need to stay away from her. Para sa ikabubuti naming dalawa.

I also don't want to scare her, I'm afraid that she'll shoo me away just because her boyfriend's brother is attracted to her. I don't want her to realize the idea. I'm afraid of her reaction. She might get disgusted, scared or at worst mad at me.

She tried to reach a pack of tissues, she's like a struggling cute koala. A pregnant Koala.God, I wanted to take a picture and stare at it forever. But taking out my phone and snapping a picture would be too creepy. I would be the perverted asshole I think I am.

Having enough of her struggle I ate the distance and helped her. As much as I want to see her cute scowl, I don't have a heart to see her struggle. Baka magalit pa lalo ang buntis.

"Ako na" I said, trying to hide my grin.

She pouted, upset that she couldn' get it herself. Oh my cute Koala is angry. I just bruised her ego.

I saw movements in my peripheral view, I noticed the man who's been tailing us since we hit the road earlier. I sharpened my senses and alerted my body of possible danger. Being a soldier trained me to smell danger in my surroundings.

I joined Tess in her grocery shopping spree, keeping her close as much as possible. I ignored the heat igniting within me as I stood half meters away from her, enough to not brush our skin together, afraid to trigger the bomb inside me

I helped her with what's good for her health. I've been actively reading and researching foods good for pregnant women. I must admit that I enjoyed learning other things aside from guns and infiltrating rebel's den.

"This brand has more calcium than others, you need that" I nudged her about the brand of milk I picked." Oh I forgot" I ran on the isle where yogurts lined up, I picked strawberry flavor I think it's her favorite " You can eat yogurt of you get tired of drinking milk, it has more calcium too"

"How do you know that I need calcium?" she asked, confused.

"I saw an ad about pregnant women" I lied. Of course I don't want her to know that I researched until midnight. I think she might think ill of me. I'm not that creepy.

She nodded trying to convince herself with what I replied. Giving me the benefit of the doubt.We continued picking what's on her list until we made it to the last list. I grabbed dark chocolate with dried strawberries on it. I noticed that she eats that several times, I noticed that it's one of her cravings. We lined up at the cashier and everyone seemed fond of her, some were waving her hi and she just replied with a shy hello.

Introverted koala. I grinned at what I called her.

I carry all the grocery bags and put them inside the car when I notice quick movements and I smell danger, I tuck Tessa inside the car without her noticing the danger I sensed. I don't want her to freak out.

I scanned the surroundings trying to spot the danger,I was about to walk three cars away from me when someone called me.

"Tate, nakauwi ka na pala" Margot exclaimed, and greeted me with hugs and kisses. She was with her corgi, the one Deacon and her adopted son.It's a dog but yeah they considered him son.

She was my brother's fiance when he died unexpectedly. She's a great woman.

"How are you doing, Margot?" I greeted her back, my back against the passenger door.

"Life's unfair but it's still good tho. How are you? When did you come back?" she asked.

"Kamakailan lang, my contract just ended" sadness itched in her face and I know why.

"I still hope Deacon will surprise me one day, you know?" she said in a low voice.

I couldn't think of anything else but to hug her to ease the pain she felt for 10 years. I, too, still feel the pain Deacon left us. That asshole left us unnoticed. We chatted briefly then bid goodbye and promised to catch up.

When I got inside the car, I noticed Tessa is more quiet than earlier. It seems that her thoughts drifted her somewhere. Maybe crafting ideas for her next project? Drawing inspirations? Someone said going out helps artists to get inspiration.

I gave her the chocolate we bought earlier, she stared at her lap and looked at me in confusion. Her eyes went to slits, this time she didn't hide her suspicions.

"How do you know I like this kind of chocolate? Don't tell me you saw it on ads, too" she snorted that last word, obviously that last words were sarcasm and I laughed.

She's being testy right now. Her scowl grew bigger but her muscles softened, an indication that she calmed down. I maneuvered the car, hitting the road back. My senses are still sharp and I check the mirrors from time to time. Checking if the man in black is still tailing us. I heaved a sigh when he left us alone this time.

---

I'm sorry if I didn't fullfill my promise na araw araw akong mag a-update. Something happened kasi, ngayon lang kami nakalabas ng ospital my father went on a surgery at ako ang nag-aalaga. Sa dami ng ginagawa ko, nasa last priority ko na 'to. My family hated me writing, that's afact kaya twing gabi ko lang to nagagawa. Hope you'll enjoy thi update. please do me a favor, hit the like button and share our thoughts about this chapter. Thank you so much. 

Sa mga silent readers ko diyan. Please interact with me para mapasalamatan ko kayo. Comment your username and I will dedicate the next chapter for you.