CHAPTER 13

Tessa

I was squirming in my bed, uncomfortable. My mouth is dry as my Sahara desert and I was sweating even with the low temperature. After kicks and switching sides I gave up and got up. Leaving the bed is one hell of a struggle for a heavily pregnant woman like me.

I felt a movement in my bump and I smiled. It's like a bee is warming inside, I guess I woke Deacon in this late hour.

I'm sorry, baby. Mommy is hungry.

Light illuminated my face when I opened the refrigerator. My face scowled as I searched for some food that'll satisfy my cravings. Actually I was looking for an alternative food because I wanted Jollibee initially but I know I can't aside from it's greasy, it's already late. I wanted to order online but I'm afraid I might tire the drivers so no.

But I really want to eat.

My scowl turned into a frown. I wanted to cry in frustration. I was stomping my foot when I heard movement behind me. A sleepy Tate came into the light, papungas-pungas pa ito nang harapin ko.

The frown in my face grew bigger, asking a question in my head: why is he here? Didn't he sleep in his yacht and how did he break in? I didn't remember giving him a key. Instead of saying it out loud I said otherwise.

"I'm hungry" stomping down my feet as if I'm a spoiled bitch throwing a fit.

"Okay, calm down pregnant Panda" pampakalma niya sa'kin. Pumintig naman ang tenga ko sa tawag niya sa akin, so I advance some three steps towards him and he nearly stumbled. I saw him swallow hard.

"Did you just call me a Panda? Why, because I'm huge? Do you know how hard being pregnant is?" a tear escaped in my eyes at ramdam ko ang hapdi sa aking dibdib. I may be overreacting but I was hurt.

Am I not attractive anymore?

"No, it's not what you think. Sorry that came out wrong. You're the most beautiful pregnant woman I've ever seen in my whole life."He meets me halfway and coos me like a baby. "Now, settle down, I will bring whatever you want," he said and tucked me in the nearest chair.

Then I made a list on what to buy and he immediately drove away. He doesn't want to upset me any further. After half an hour he came back with the food he bought for me.

I immediately dug in, swaying a little because I was happy. After five bites I was full so I gave him the rest of the food. When I say the rest, meaning the remaining three big paper bags from Jollibee.

"You're joking right?" he asked me in disbelieve.

"Nope" popping the 'p'

His jaw dropped but he eats it anyway. I clapped in glee and watched him eat. It's like I'm watching mukbang not on screen but in live-action. He took a bite of the burger and pinch some fries. I watched him in haze until I fell asleep.

When I woke up I was in my room, I checked the time and it's almost noon. I hurried storming my room and saw him cooking something in the kitchen. I watched him in despair as he flipped the chicken only to find out that it got burned. I'm sure as hell that ain't cooked on the inside.

Having enough of his misery I step into the kitchen and save the poor chicken. I haven't showered yet but I felt comfortable around him wearing my night dress. I'm comfortable being ugly around him. I don't know if I smell bad or weird but that's the least of my concern now. The chicken does.

"I tried to cook lunch," he said on the farthest corner of the kitchen, not wanting to get near the stove.

"If the chicken can talk, he'd say 'fuck you, Tate for murdering me'" I teased.

"Thank God, it doesn't" he replied.

While I cooked the chicken, he prepared the table and he did the rest of moving and tuck me in my seat. I watched him placing the mats and plates carefully. He does things neatly and precisely.

I hope he doesn't have ADHD because I have.

We talked and a little bit of fooling each other. After lunch, he does the dishes while I get my sketch pad and sit on the porch facing the ocean and I end up sketching the sight of him in the kitchen, preparing lunch for us.

He'd be a good dad and a father. All women must want him to be with them, especially that girl he chatted with in the grocery store parking. He does chores and prepares meals while he tuck you in a chair not moving at all. For short he wants to do the things all by himself, not wanting to tire you except in bed.

Shit

I stopped rubbing my pencil and was terrified of my thoughts. Why would I think such things? I shook my head hoping to disregard the thought but it got worse. I added the details in my drawing but the thought of him in bed struck me like a lightning.

Okay, I'm just curious. What's he like in bed tho? Is he rough? Gentle? Or both? Does he like roleplaying? Or BDSM—

My cheeks flushed at the thought at muntik ko nang mabali ang lapis dahil sa diin ng pag shade ko sa may tiyan banda. I can download his physique in a matter of seconds in my mind, especially those ironclad biceps and broad shoulders. He may have used it para ibalibag ang kapareha sa kama. I wonder what it would feel like. And those veiny arms—

"Are you okay?" he touched my shoulder and I almost jumped off my skin.

"Yeah, I'm okay" I tried to heave a sigh hoping it'll help to calm my heartbeat but failed miserably.

"Then why are you so red? May lagnat kaba?" He tried to check my temperature but I moved my head.

I swear I'll burst any moment now if he touches me again. I should keep my distance as far away from him as possible. This is not a good sign. This is bad, very bad sign

"Tess?" he snapped his fingers.

"Yes?" I chewed the insides of my cheek and blinked like a dumb idiot.

"Is something wrong? Are you not well? You seemed flushed" he asked for the ninth time but I couldn't answer him properly. I wanted to say no because I think I got turned on and am sexually attracted to him. My hormones are in chaos but I will not tell him that because I'm a lady and a lady should act regal in this kind of situation.

"Yeah, I'm just tired. I want to take a nap" my heart is beating so fast.

"Okay" he's not convinced and drops the topic.

He moved the chair next to me and brought it closer to me then tucked himself as he sipped some beer in the can. His right hand rests at the back of my chair.

"Go sleep now, I'll watch you"

I think my heart pumped so much blood that day.