CHAPTER 34

Tate

Maire Oscura, The Black Mary, The first assassin, The heir to the Black Throne.

A grin plastered across my lips, I saw her descend the African blackwood staircase in her black champagne dress with a mask that covers half of her face.

She was cold, heartless, and dangerous unlike Tessaire Shalom beaming with a bright smile. I should've felt different around her from what I have learned from her but I felt otherwise, my groin twitch painfully inside my pants when she walked past me.

Her intoxicating scent screams sex and danger, I wet my lips and sipped the flute in my hand as my eyes never left hers.

I kinda beamed in happiness silently when she declined several men, including the man called Ripper that would do anything including kissing the ground she walked just to accept their invitations on the dancefloor.

Much to their disappointment, she never moved a muscle.

I joined the party with a name Gaston Michael Dawson,sakto na masquerade ball and tema ng party kaya no one would know that the man behind the mask was not Gaston.

Since no one in these circles would invite someone the organization didn't know even if you're the most influential and wealthiest man in the world.

That's how they keep their circles tight.

Gaston's great-grandfather was friends with the founder of the organization, that's why.

Both fucked up individuals. Both decorated war heroes.

The comm went online and Gaston's voice surfaced.

"How's the party motherfucker?"

"The water's fine"

"Have you seen Ade yet?"

"No"

"What about Maire?"

"I have"

"Is Timothy Zane Montezano chicken out, right now?" I heard him laughing from the other line.

"Fuck you, Dawson. We're not in Davao right now where she only had her eyes on me" I am pissed that he's right, I am definitely chickening out.

"Exactly. She's in her world now and you have no time to be a pussy because men hound around and trust me, they want her more than you could. So stop being a pussy and claim what's yours"

The line went dead after he said that. I'm having a hard time saying this but Gaston was right. I have to claim what's mine.

That fucker saved my life countless of times and I have never gave the favor back. He's now somewhere in Bali with someone she just kidnapped.

As much as I want to punch him for having hots with my sister, but he's also the man I trusted the most.

I was at ease knowing that she's in good hands.

Now when she feels discomfort, she strides to the balcony where darkness illuminates. Her hips swayed and all of the men in the room ogled at the sight of her.

She's like a walking sex and death. So sexy yet lethal.

Men want her but she's mine.

I have to move or else I'll die regretting not having her.

"Tate, what are you doing here?" she gasps not expecting I'm here.

"I came here to get you"

"No, you should leave. You can't be here, it's dangerous"

"I'm not a boy, darling. I can protect myself from anyone."

"But not Ade"

"I don't care"

"She will fucking kill you for being here. How did you even get here?"

"Gaston helped me and I don't care if she kills me"

"I do care!! You're so dear to me, Tate. I can't lose you too"

"We do this together, Me, you and Deacon"

"She has him. I need to think about getting him away in this hell hole."

"We can do this, I'm at you're side"

"No, Tate I have to do this alone.This is my family and my problem"

"You are my family, baby. I hope I am too to you" masuyo kong sabi

"You are. You have a special place in my heart and I'm scared to lose you too. I had enough of Jake and I don't want you to add to my sorrows." The tears that threatened to fall at the bottom of her eyes made me want to punch myself.

Pain was evident in her voice and it gutted my insides. Her pain radiated through me, it must have discouraged me but I'm never gonna give up. She is mine and I will do anything in my power to achieve it.

I have died so many times that death doesn't scare me anymore. It only made me stronger and learned a valuable lesson.

That life is much shorter than I think so either I have to risk or regret everything and be miserable for the rest of my life.

Her rejection was reasonable enough and I understand every bit of it but I'm done letting the chances slip away.

I must savor it while it lasts.

My hands snakes at the flat of her stomach and tugged her closer to me. My nose flared as I Inhaled her scent, the sensation was intoxicating. My groin can't help it but to twitch.

I leaned closer and I caught her hitch a breath. My lips are inches closer to hers. As much as I want to kiss her I must retrain myself so my lips find her earlobe and whisper "Dance with me, darling"

Her body trembled and I silently beamed. My power in her body was still vigorous after all this time and so was she to mine.

I guided her into the center of the marvelous ballroom I have ever seen in my life. The gold and black theme was a great combination to represent powerful people inside.

This has been her home ever since she was born and I was beaming with joy as I ran the depth of herself. I feel so deep inside her– figuratively for now. I will make it literally later.

A man can hope in the midst of complicated circumstances. A wicked grin formed in my lips.

"What are you grinning about?" she eyed me suspiciously.

My hands caress the small of her back. "Nothing. I just think of the things I want to do with you in this dress' ' gripping the fabric in my fingers, I know the moment her eyes went wide that she knew what I was talking about.

"You horny bastard," she chuckled. "How long have you been undressing me in your mind?" her cheeks went crimson.

Such a cutie, Iwant o fuck her.

I leaned closer, touching her earlobe and thrusting my groin in her thigh. "Ever since you descent the stairs, I want to fuck you senselessly"

My tongue flicked and lapped her neck down until it reached her collarbone. I swear the slit of my cock splatter a tad of liquid when her moan escaped her luscious mouth.

"Oh Tate, save me some face. I don't want to face the people looking flushed like a horny teenager." she whined but I just chuckled and led her out of the ballroom.

Away from the prey of guests hounding her.

I want her mine, alone.