CHAPTER 29

Tate

When the clock hits midnight, I am engulfed in the shadows and twist the neck of a man prying his eyes on the house where Tessa was sleeping soundly. Several men in black lurking in the shadows just like me were spotted circling the residence.

And I have one job tonight,and that is to eliminate each one of them and make them sing where Rhayna is.

I know it wasn't from the organization, it was from Rhayna. The insignia proved my hunch that she was going after Tessa and Deacon. She wanted to kill them just like she said when I was still her prisoner.

"That woman is crazy. I don't care if she's your sister but I just want to warn you. If your hunch was right, Tessa and Deacon are in great danger." Gaston said who was on the other line.

He's been monitoring everything happening inside the radar including what happened earlier. He was pissed and cut the monitors we set up around the yacht and that includes my room.

Rhayna has been lurking somewhere else near Tessa's and she's waiting for the right time to kill them. She clearly said she would give me a nice seat as she cut their lives in front of me.

"There's something I want to add, Tate. It's not that important but I just want to tell you that Ade had an eldest daughter too. She was the most dangerous assassin in the history of mankind, Renaissance is the second." He added on the other line.

I tucked my gun under my shirt as I slipped in Tessa's room. There I saw the two most precious treasures I swore to protect at all cost. She was sleeping soundly and beside was a cute gremlin who was also sleeping soundly. I unconsciously smiled as I saw his lips pouting cutely as the innocence of his feature was evident.

He looks like Jake, so gentle and innocent.

This would be my first time seeing him after he was born. Tears started to form in my eyes, I was genuinely happy I got the chance to see him again. Jake would probably be happy for sure. I know he wouldn't miss a chance to see him.

The room was in chaos, the toys and papers were the evidence. So I decided to tidy the room. Sinimulan ko sa mga laruang nagkalat sa sahig at inilagay iyon sa storage na nasa paanan ng kama I made sure that I do the job in silence, research said na madaling magising ang mga bata sa maliit na tunog.

Sunod kong niligpit ang mga papel sa workstation ni Tess kung saan maraming mga draft drawings ang nagkalat at mga lapis na iba't ibang kulay.

I smiled at her cute drawings, she was the most talented artist I ever knew. Her gift makes other people smile and find comfort in her drawings. Her works are a breath of fresh air.

Just when I was about to tidy the papers, isang parehaba ang nahulog mula sa mesa niya and I realized it was her identification card.

I was about to take it back nang mapahinto ako. Something intrigued me and a familiar name caught my attention. Something about Tessa's name.

Tessaire Maire Blackwater Shalom

Birthdate: August 4, 1998

Age: 25 years old

The Identification card was issued in Italy, a rare ID to own for someone I knew who was born in the Philippines.

Both Renaissance and Ade were blackwater according to Gaston and I didn't know Tessa is a Blackwater too.

Fuck, how could I miss it?

My fingers tingled as I held the identification card. My mind was in a haze and a lot of things were playing inside my head. Most of them played silly scenarios and conclusions..

The beat of my heart was getting stronger but this new information I have is heart-breaking. I don't want to conclude everything as I was giving Tessa the benefit of the doubt but I could not shake the possible evidence I just saw earlier.

Please let it be not her. I prayed hard.

I took a snap of the identification card before I took it back where it belonged. I sent it to Gaston to research something about her.

"I want all of her information, man" my voice almost broke.

"Damn" he muttered on the other line. Shock was evident in his voice.

"What do you find?" I asked immediately as I was heading back to the yacht.

"I don't think I have to search everything about her"

"Why? Fucking search her man, I need it now"

"I think I know her. She was Maire, the Madonna. The most dangerous and enigmatic assassin in the history of Mankind and she was the one who murdered your brother."

My whole world collapsed when I heard the other line. I nearly stumbled buti nalang ay nakarating agad ako sa yati. I couldn't believe the new information I've got.

"Do you want me to continue, man?" Gaston asked.

"Yes, proceed"

"Maire Oscura Blackwater was Ade's first born, the very first assassin she raised. Nobody knows her age and other details except for the numbers of people she murdered from 2010 to 2020. She has a total bounty of 200 billion euros in her head and the number is growing every year. She stopped and disappeared in 2020 and no one knows where she's at until now. Her last mission was in Iraq where she murdered 300 people including your brother as presented in evidence caught in the close circuit television where the infamous insignia of Ade was shown. I'm sorry man, but the Tessaire Shalom you know does not exist. It was one of her many identities she used to fool everyone" Gaston said on the other line.

Tulala lang ako habang pinapanuod and tagpo kung saan binali ng naka hood na babae ang kamay ni Deacon at pinaputukan ito sa dibdib na siyang ikinamatay ng huli. She left my brother to die on the cold streets in Iraq together with his dead comrades as she walked as if she had done nothing horrible to those poor fallen men.

The insignia of Ade was printed at the back of her hood. It was clearly a message to the organization that it was Ade who killed my brother and his other comrades.