CHAPTER 12

Tate

We reached the house and helped Tess unload the groceries. She was silent and never talked to me again the whole afternoon. Nagpaalam sa akin na may gagawin siyang project sa araw na'to. I know she just wants to avoid me. I think it's better that way.

I left her house and went to my yacht to confront the man who's been tailing us. I caught him lurking inside the property. I beat the shit out of him enough to knock him out to lock and tie him at the lower dock of my yacht. I was pissed when I recognized the characters embroidered in his cap. I tied him and locked him at the lower dock of my yacht.

"Who sent you?" I said for the ninth time. This fucker is hard as stone. He was trained assasin and would rather die than to talk.

"They're coming for you Montezano. Brace yourself" he said cryptically. I hate this kind of conversation. I just want to sleep and visit Tess.

"I'm asking again you little fuck. Who the fuck sent you" I gripped his hair almost tearing his scalp. He winced because of the pain and screamed afterwards when I put salt in his wound. I stabbed him when we wrestled.

"Fuck you, Montezano" he squirmed and screamed at the top of his lungs.

"Tell me the name" I added more salt. Adding more salt in the wound is literally painful than the quote itself.

"Arys" he screamed at the top of his lungs

I stumbled when I heard his name. Shock was written in my face and anger surged inside me.

"Arys Montezano sent me to tail you" he continued, panting.

I almost lost my balance when he completed the name I asked. I can't believe it, after all these years. That motherfucker is still alive. Deacon was right. He was right all along.

"Tsk" I held the gun and pointed it to the person who barged in the room.

A man in his 60's covered in a fine black suit and I bet my life it has a bulletproof vest inside. A deep brown was sitting atop of his head and a lit cigar in between his teeth.

Arys. He's the same old fuck.

My gun is still pointing at him even when I recognize the face I have been searching for. After all these years he's not dead at all.

"Greetings, son" his cold tone sent shivers down my spine. He sat in all his glory on the chair at the corner of the room.

He sits like a boss, well because he is.

"I'm sorry, Capo" the man is shaking and I swear I can hear fear in his voice.

"Soldiers don't apologize, young man. And you're no soldier, nor a mercenary" he lifted the gun with silencer and shot the man directly in the head.

My body tenses and grips the gun in my hand tightly still pointing in his head. The man acts casual with the gun pointing in his head, he doesn't ever bother that he just killed a man in the blink of an eye.

"Put down your gun, Tate, so we can talk properly. You don't want to make this hard, right?" he glared at me. I slowly put the gun down, but held it tightly in case something went wrong. I know he's still my father but he's also a Capo, he can kill everyone, even his own flesh and blood.

He's a greedy animal just like how I remember.

"How?" I asked, my body is shaking from the anger surging inside me. I want to punch him badly.

"I know you'd ask that. I always formulate lies and storylines to tell you but I remembered you're the smartest of you three. No one could fool you, including me who mastered it. While Deacon is the strongest –" I cut him off.

"Don't even start there" I snarled, warning him.

"Are you still hurt? Please give the dead some rest" he scoffs. I held my gun again and advanced a step close enough to kill him in execution style if ever I wanted to.

"Shoot me, I dare you. I will let this slip because I know you're confused but I will not accept this insolence. I am still your Father" he roared like a goddamn lion.

"You're not my Father, he was dead. He died serving his honor a long time ago" I roared back.

He heaved a sigh, trying to calm his nerves. Deacon may be the strongest among us three but like he said I am smart and he doesn't intimidate me. I am more than him. I am his nightmare.

"I've done things I know to protect all of you" He reasoned as if it's the right thing to do at this moment.

"That's bullshit! You left us so you can have more power. Your greed puts your family on a brink. Mom didn't speak for months after she buried you beside Grandpa. Deacon held us together and when he left to find you, he only found his demise because you sent him on a mission to eliminate your enemies and he died serving you! All that because of your greed" I snapped, my fingers were millimeters away from the trigger and one wrong move I could kill him.

I could kill Arys fucking Montezano, the Founder of Project Osiris, my own father.

"Explaining my side and reminiscing about the past is not what I came here for and doesn't matter anymore. I came here not as your father but as Capo. So man up and face me as a soldier" He commanded.

"I'm not a soldier anymore. My contract ended months ago. I suppose you knew that since you're the one who pulled the strings to dismiss me just to join your mercenary group." I grind my teeth trying to help myself from shooting this man.

"As long as you swore an oath, you're still a soldier and you belong in Project Osiris. Dying is the only way out." he said,tugging his coat as if talking business with me.

"Fuck you" Now my life's tied in a sick group he founded and I have no way out.

"You should brace yourself, soldier. You'll have your first assignment anytime soon." he paced through the door and was about to leave the room when I asked.

"Does Jake know?" my lips quiver and I swallowed the lump in my throat.

He stopped his steps and silence enveloped us. My breath ragged and my heart was about to burst in my chest.

"He doesn't need to know" then he left.

---

Hello here's an update para sa mga nagbabasa. I know it's been such a long time,andami lang kasing iniisip, na overwhelm lang. Please support my story through hitting the like icon below and comment your thought about this chapter. Thanks you so much. 

For my silent readers, please comment your username para naman ma dedicate ko ang next chapter. it's my way of saying thank you sa pagbasa ng libro ko. I know, bilang lang kayo pero nagpapasalamat parin ako.

Thank you so much sa support.

mwah💋