CHAPTER 37

Tessa

The flat of my palm rested in Tate's warm back, he was sleeping soundly in my room after the intense love making we had.

The truth and revelations fallen at his feet overwhelms his entire being and I don't blame him if it exhaust him. He was hard on me for a couple of hours, it hurt my insides but I didn't complain.

I embraced the pain, the frustrations and the disappointments he felt, offering myself to him, relaying him a message that I'm always here for him and so was he.

It was the saddest and raw love making we ever shared.

"I love you" I whispered and leaned to kiss his back.

Then I got up and fixed myself before I left the room. Striding the long hallway of the estate where I spent most of my teenage years rebelling Ade.

I remember the first time I came home after intense training in the mountains. My body wasn't used to the soft mattress unlike what we had in the temple so I settled myself under the bed na ikasinghap ni madam Ching nung madatnan niya ako.

It took me months to get accustomed to the soft mattress and the other things like using the correct cutleries.

I spent my whole of my childhood in the mountains of Amazon training my young mind on how to kill someone. I fall in the category of strong and smart. That's why the training was harder than the rest.

The monk made sure I had the same treatment as the rest of the trainees, my name and background did not matter to them, my skills and intelligence were.

My feet led me in the pool where Ade's sharks are, I saw her playing with them. The night was deep and dark , no stars and moon but the wind was so cold.

"You want your treat, princess? Here" initsa niya ang kamay ng isang tao patungo sa tatlong pating na naghihintay na ihagis ang kanilang midnight snack.

I sigh and shake my head because of her out of this world antics. I really thought her antics were normal about having a shark pet and all– hell I even petted them myself when they're still a baby,I myself considered them cute.

But when I stayed with Jake in Davao, everything had changed and I was not the same woman then.

"I think you're spoiling them too much, Ade" I found comfort sitting in one of the lounge chairs, crossed my legs and gathered my robe around me.

"They're doing just fine, would you like to take a dip and play with your sisters?" I rolled my eyes at the words she used of her sharks, she used sisters because I used to play with them.

"Nah, I'm fine, they might miss me more and swallow me whole"

She clutched her fingers in her chest "Oh you don't just say that, you're so mean to your sisters. Apologize!! This instant!!" as if a mother was hurt after hearing that comment to her daughters.

My head fell at the back of the chair and clutching my stomach as I laughed my ass off, so was she. I was teary-eyed when I finished ,there's still crumbles of snort in my throat, wanting to escape.

"Did you remember your first assignment? You're the one who fed that snot of a motherfucker to your sisters' ' she said, wiping the tears at the bottom of her eyes.

A smile escaped my lips as I remember that time when she handed me my first assignment.

I received my first assignment when I was 15 years old, the memory was still fresh at the back of my mind. It was an old politician, corrupting a small city in Zimbabwe, keeping a harem of young kids then pick one to rape, and killing the father's of those children if they refuse to give their child.

When I saw him undercover, he was stuffing his mouth like a hungry pig. It disgusts me that I want to kill him in his spot.

In which I did when midnight came, I made sure he would never forget my face and his victims as watched the life of him leaving his body. And when I got home, I fed all his body parts to her sharks—-daughters.

We laughed hard once again until it became snorts and silence followed.

"God, that was amazing. We should do that often" she remarked.

Her words completely silence me, I don't know but I felt a pang of pain in my chest. "You know I can't, Ade. Deacon and I are going to leave" the last word became a whisper drifted by the wind.

"You know also that I don't easily let things go, especially you Maire. You can lead the Regime anyway you want, dear. The minute I ascended the throne, I changed almost everything. Regime is not the same way again as before as when Hugh founded it, and Jakob inherited it."

My face became somber. "But I want a peaceful life, Ade. I owe it to myself and to Deacon, I don't want him to grow up in such a complicated environment. That's what I promised to Jake before he died"

Mentioning Jake's name made her calm, the effect of Jake even just a mere mention of his name made everyone who knew him calm. He had this effect where he could calm even the most complicated person.

"That kid" she shook her head while a smile plastered on her lips. "He was the most awesome person I have ever met. He looked like Marina, I just feel bad for him having Arys as a father. They'd be better off without him"

I couldn't agree more with her. The first time I met Arys I knew he was a fucked up person, especially when he throw insults about Jake. I wanted to kill him on his spot while lashing Jake six feet underground.

I took a deep breath, a smoke followed suit. "He was the most beloved person in the world. Mom and I love him. That's why I'm doing this for him. It hurts leaving my sisters behind but I can't bear breaking that promise to him"

Ade's eyes fall in her thighs where her hands are playing. "I guess it's Rhayna's time to reign. That bitch wasn't called Queen for nothing. By the way, did you know where that sister of yours was? She have been secretive these days"

"My team said she was in Bali with someone she actually knows," I grinned.

"Owss? May kalaro na kaya si Deacon nito?" eksaherada niyang sabi.

Nagkibit balikat ako sa hula niya"We don't know, maybe"

"Well, I'll mutter a prayer to Gaston before I go to bed later" she snorted na ikinatawa naming dalawa.

Ade is not that bad at all. And I agree we should do this often.

We departed in each other's bedroom across the room and slept beside Tate without giving her my final answer.

The answer would still be the same. No one can change it even her.