(Sonic Omens) Expressing Deep Emotions

After Sonic visited Chris's grave, he bumped into Chris younger sister 'Hannah'.

Hannah said to him, "Sorry about that."

Sonic replied, "No your fine." He then recognizes her and asked, "Are you Chris's sister?"

Hannah nodded and said, "Yeah. I am."

Sonic deeply sighed said, "I'm terribly sorry about your brother."

Hannah replied, "Don't worry about it. I know one thing though. My brother wanted to connect our worlds also to meet Rika. So he can thank her for saving my life."

Sonic looks down said, "That woulda been good. Nice seeing you."

He walked off and sniffed as he walked off.

<a few days later>

Knuckles 'who was checking on Sonic cause Tails asked him too' knocked on the door and said, "Knock knock."

He then said, "Sonic we haven't seen you in a few days open up."

That's when he realized the door was unlocked and he opened it and asked, "Sonic?"

He looked around before he said, "He's not here." He then looked around before seeing a note.

He picked it up and red:

To who that may concern:

If you find this note then it means I off. It also means I went off alone. What is the point of me staying.

I could never forgive Eggman for what he did.  Not just to Chip or anyone else.

But I could never forgive him for destroying my home, trying to marry my mother for his ex power, trying to hurt the other freedom fighters, turned my late Uncle into a robot, provoking my brother, trying to harm my sister, and causing my father to disappear.

If he hasn't took over the kingdom of Mobius would things be different? Would we be raised and not abandoned?!

Anyways, I haft to be somewhere else.

From Sonic.

Knuckles realized right away before he rushed off.

<a short while later>

Knuckles runs in the town looking around before he sees Sonic with a backpack.

Knuckles shouted, "SONIC!"  Knuckles then caught up with him and asked, "Sonic where are you going?"

Sonic answered, "I'm going home." Knuckles stopped him and said, "Wait! You can't go back yet. You and I both know you're not ready to head back to the castle."

Sonic looked down and said, "I know. But I don't think I can handle this any longer."

Knuckles looked down as well before he asked, "Do you wanna talk about it?"

He hesitated before he nodded. The two walked to a nearby bench before they sat down.

Knuckles asked, "What's wrong? You saved the world once again. Why aren't you cocky and happy like you always have been?"