(From the story; Reconnect) These momentous months

A/N: In case any of you wondered about the whole thing between Sonic and Knuckles when Knuckles was pregnant with the Royale brothers 'Shade and Flare'. And happy birthday to Knuckles The Echidna.

Sonic fell asleep in Knuckles arms as Knuckles himself slept himself while he sighed. Knuckles thought to himself, "I'm frightened. But at least I sort of have him back."

A few hours later; Sonic felt someone tap on his shoulder. Sonic woke up and sees the doctor. Thats when the doctor said, "Uhh Mr. Royale? Visiting hours ended 15 minutes ago."

Sonic got up and said, "Thanks for telling me doc. I'll be back tomorrow." The doctor asked, "By the way. Have you checked my fiancé's bouquet of golden lilies?"

Sonic answered, "Yes we have. Now I gotta go pick up my daughter from the lobby." He then walked to the lobby.

He then sees his ex-parents-in-law with Satoko as he asked them, "Can we help you?"

Locked sniffed and said, "Oh no. W-we just came to check on our son."

Sonic gives them a casual stare before he said, "Very well. Come on Satoko. We're leaving."

The 11 year old hedgehog stood up and walks to her father.

Before the two of them can leave, Lara-Lee said, "Wait."

Sonic looks at her and Locke before they walked to them.

Lara-Lee then said, "Listen, we know we haven't been good in-laws and everything but..."

Locke bows his head in shame and said in a shameful tone, "We really owe you a huge apology. And we're also sorry for the loss of your father-in-law."

Lara-Lee then said with condolence in her tone, "...And we're sorry about your wife too."

Sonic sighed deeply before looking at his oldest daughter.

He then said as he turned to his Ex-in-laws, "I need more time. But I'm seeing your son again. But we're taking things slow this time."

Sonic looked down as Lara-Lee as Locke looks down in shame.

Before Locke could say anything but Sonic said, "Yes I know. Look, I take responsibility for what happened. But I only did it cause I hallucinated thinking my wife was alive."

He sighed deeply before Satoko and Sonic walked out.

Lara-Lee looked at her husband and said, "This is just a disaster. Our son is..."

Locke then said as she trailed off, "At least he finally believes him."

(1 month later)

Sonic just got back with his youngest daughter 'Maddox'.

When they arrived in the hospital, Sonic placed the baby on Knuckles hospital bed.

Maddox place her tiny hand on her stomach as Sonic whispered, "Yeah. Daddy did an oopsie. Now you're going to be a big sister. Of two brothers."

Maddox cooed while looking at her daddy before she said, "Bro-burs?"

Sonic answered her, "Yeah, brothers."