|| twisted irony || Feliciano Vargas / Italy ||

Requested by: princessdarkblood

-

There's a bitter taste in Italy's mouth as he drags his twin brother's body to a lake. Filling up his beloved twin's body with stones, he can't help but shake slightly as blood begins to coat his hands. But whenever he is reminded of his brother's betrayal, a red hot surge of anger flows through his veins and he continues his work with renewed vigor. The night was still young but he still needed to work quickly or else the others would begin to worry.

"What is happening here," your terrified voice cracks through the darkness and he stops his work to look up at your scared face.

-

Lovino knew.

Lovino fucking knew that he liked you.

Imagine his big surprise when he sees you locking lips with his brothers. Imagine how his world shatters when he takes your hand and leads you into his bed.

"Why," Italy had to practically force the word out of his mouth.

Shame pools in his brother's eyes as he looks down, "I'm sorry, I fell in love with (Name) too."

For the first time in his life, rage blinds the normally happy go lucky nation. Red colors his vision and the next thing he knows, he is standing in a pool of his brother's blood.

Kinslayer.

He panics, lets out a choked sob. He drops the knife he had no idea he was holding. He kicks the bloody object as far as he can and feels his knees buckle as the full weight of his actions fall upon him.

Nobody must know.

But how?

How do you pull off the perfect crime?

He catches sight of his swollen eyes and crying face in a mirror and it hits him like a freight train.

-

"Romano, are you alright?" Your worried face dominates his field of vision and he blushes slightly as your hand tenderly brushes against his cheek, "you look sick."

He cups your hand and leans into your touch, giving you a loving smile, he sighs in contentment, "I'm fine."

He would live as his brother.

-

Italy sometimes feels guilty for killing his brother but every time he looks upon your smiling face he is reminded that this is what Romano had been monopolizing. This was the smiling face that was supposed to belong only to him. This was the girl that was all his.

And he feels better again.

It was kind of painful how nobody- save for the Axis- showed some concern over Feliciano Vargas' sudden disappearance.

-

He expected you to run away but you didn't. You helped him. You sit down beside him and take his hand in yours as you watch the dead body float down into the dark depths of the lake.

"It's okay Romano," you had whispered, embracing him. "Nobody will find out."

He can't deny the pain he feels when you mistake him for his brother but he attempts to brush it off. After all, this was a great opportunity. It would be an utter shame to waste it.