My Stalker

Chapter Seven
The police officer brought me to the station for questioning. He gave me a blanket and some coffee as I waited for my mom to pick me up. Once she found out what was going on, she cancelled her trip and turned back around to come see me. I took a sip of the warm drink and sat it down on his desk.

Officer Jeoff cleared his throat and sat down in his roller chair. "So Tyler, tell me what happened tonight."

I stared into space and started thinking about what happened. Karen and her mom were also getting questioned by a few officers in another room so I was open to talking about all that happened. Or some of it, at least. "My friend Karen and I were having a sleepover at her house. She wanted to help take my mind off of everything that has been happening. I'm pretty sure you are aware of the news going around."

He gave me a quick glare before letting me continue on. "We received a phone call from an unknown number that sounded threatening but I couldn't tell who it was. That was when Karen and I both heard a noise coming from upstairs."

"What did the noise sound like?" He asked.

I shrugged. "It was more like a thump." He nodded and told me to continue on. "Well, we went to check it out. When we got up there, we saw all the doors closed except for Karen's bedroom. That was when everything started turning chaotic."

Jeoff stopped me again. "What else has happened?"

I sighed. "A dark hooded figure dressed in an all-black outfit came out of her closet and we panicked, but found out that it was Ben pulling a prank on us. That was when we found out someone else was in the house. He never made the phone call."

Tears started to form in my eyes. "The person who came upstairs and tried to find us was not Ben. I'm still unsure as to who it was that could have done all of this. Before he could even figure it out, Karen's mom came inside and was screaming for us. She ran upstairs and found us in the room, scared and shaking."

Buddy stared at me and leaned closer towards me. "I'm sorry this all happened to you guys tonight. I am also sorry for the loss of your friend Ben."

My bottom lip trembled. Tears stung my eyes. "I think that the person doing this was the same person that killed Lucas."

"I'll be right back." Jeoff stood up and walked out of the room.

As he left, I stared into space again thinking about everything going on. Why? Why them? Why go after them? If it was me that they wanted, why go after the people that I love the most? It made zero sense to me unless they were doing this to make me scared. If that was the case then it was working.

"Tyler," I blinked my eyes a few times before looking up at Jeoff standing by the door. "Your mom is here so you can go now. We will do our best to find out is doing all of this."

I shook my head and got up from the seat. As I made my way to the front of the police station, I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I stared at the screen and sighed as Max's contact info lit up across my screen. I slid my finger across and screen to answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey Ty, are you okay?" Max sounded very concerned. It made me soften up a little as I soaked in the night air.

"The real question is are you okay. When I heard about what happened, I was worried."

I heard Max chuckled before speaking up. "I am fine. Only a few cuts and bruises here and there, but I should be let out soon. Now, are you okay?"

"No, I am not okay. Karen and I were attacked by someone tonight. Max," I sniffed and a tear fell down my cheek. "Ben is dead." I managed to let the words fall out of my mouth and noticed that the line went silent shortly after.

Max was breathing through the other end of the call and began to speak up. "W- What happened?" He asked in a concerned tone.

"We were attacked, Max. I talked to the police and they said how they think that the same person that attacked you killed Ben."

"Tyler, I want to see you. Can you please come to the hospital?"

I sighed. "I do not think that it would be a good idea right now. I'm still not over what happened the other night Max."

I could hear Max still breathing, showing he was still on the other end of the line. As much as I loved him, I could not face him right now. I care about Max a lot, but it does not excuse all that he did to me. I wanted to be with my mom at our house, safe and sound.

"I guess I'll let you go."

The line went dead shortly after Max said that. I do not understand him sometimes. Max will always be my first love but with all that is going on, I couldn't even think about getting with him right now. I needed to figure out who was doing this to us before things get worse.

Soon after my phone call, my mother pulled up in front of me. She ran out of the car and took me into her arms. It felt good being in her arms. It made everything that I have been worrying about go away. Once she broke out of our hug, she looked at me.

"I am so sorry sweetie. I will never leave you alone again." I watched tears form under her eyes as she stared at me.

I smiled at her and followed her to the car. The drive home was silent and peaceful. All I wanted to do was lay in my bed and forget everything that happened tonight. I wanted to dream about life before this chaos. Life when it was me, Ben, Max, and Karen all together like the old times.

When we arrived home, I made my way down the hall to my bedroom. My mom wished me a good night's rest before heading to bed. I stripped down to my boxer briefs and buried myself underneath my silk grey sheets. My stuffed animal that my father gave me before he passed kept me from feeling alone.

I shut my eyes and slowly felt the troubles that I have been facing drift away. Soon, I was in a deep sleep.