My Stalker

Chapter Thirteen
My eyes were glued onto Karen as she started playing with the glove she had on her hand. "I had to. I'm very sorry Tyler. This just had to be done."

I can't believe Karen did all this to us. Her boyfriend is now dead. Max was brutally injured from that incident in the locker room. She was attacked in her own home, for god's sake! I felt my body trembling in fear as she slowly approached us.

"Why?" I asked. "Why Karen? You killed Ben, Lucas, and now Max might be dead. Why did you do this?"

She laughed. "Don't be so dumb Tyler. You know why. I felt that this pretty self-explanatory. As soon as you met Max, you never had time with me. You have not been out since freshman year and just chose to ignore me every time something was to happen." Karen tossed me a glove and shook her head. "That's why I needed to get under your skin. Make you feel as though you were being watched every second you had. I thought the more you would be scared, the closer we would get."

I stared at her. This did not make any sense to me. "You are crazy Karen. Bat shit insane!"

"I was only trying to get your attention. This was only supposed to be a game. It worked, didn't it?" Karen eyed me, a mischievous grin forming on her face. "But what kind of person would do all of this alone? I had a little help from someone."

Then, my heart sank as I watched Kyle walk in. "Kyle?" I shot him a confused stare before backing away slowly. "Oh my god, you were involved in this too?

He stared at the ground. "I'm sorry Tyler."

Karen laughed. "I had to get help from someone. As soon as you met him, I instantly knew he was a perfect accomplice. Kyle made the phone call at that sleepover. He was the one who attacked Ben and sent you those texts while I was with you. You were too gullible to even realize it.""

I stared at Kyle. "I thought you liked me? I kissed you and..."

"I did like you."

I nodded. "Bullshit...Rot in hell with that crazy bitch!"

Karen looked at me. "Looks like your little friends are dead. Now, for the main course."

I watched Karen as she kicked Kyle. He fell into a shelf with tools and pipes. The shelf fell on top of him, knocking him down. I watched him give one last breath before laying on the ground dead. The shelf must've crushed him from the impact.

"Your turn bitch." Karen stares into my eyes as she walked over to me.

I didn't know what to do but run. I didn't want to leave Max all by himself but I had no other choice. She was after me, and would leave him there thinking he was dead.

Looking around, I tried to see if I could find anything I could use as a weapon against her. Unfortunately, the vision still wasn't cooperating with me. Everything was dark and blurry.

"Tyler, you can't run from me." I heard coming from the other direction.

I looked around, trying to see if I could pick up something. I needed a weapon. "Yes!" I whispered as I spotted a wrench on the ground.

I know this might be a poor decision, but it was the only thing I saw close to me. I bent down and hid behind a shelf, holding the weapon close to me. Karen should be approaching me any second now...

"Tyler..."

The sound of Karen's feet bounced off the walls. I closed my eyes in hopes that she would just disappear and leave us alone but I could still here her footsteps as she approached me closer. Then, I raised the wrench and hit her in the leg with it.

Karen winced in pain as she fell to the ground. She dropped the gun that was in her hand as she tried rubbing the spot that I hit.

As I tried running away, I felt my ankle twist and slipped onto the ground. I heard Karen crying in pain as I laid there.

Then, she got up and started making her way towards me.

"Karen, please." I cried.

She grabbed her gun and pointed it at me. "I'm sorry Ty. This was not supposed to end like this. We were going to put all the blame on either Max or Kyle."

I shook my head in disagreement. "You're fucking crazy. Do you not hear yourself, Karen?"

The sound of sirens blared from the outside. Karen looked around in a panic before lifting the gun and pistol whipping me. I groaned at the pain and fell to my knees. She kept hitting me, not showing any sort of emotion as she did it.

Everything started flashing before my eyes. The day I started to walk, sharing my animal crackers with my elementary school friends, coming out to my family in eight grade, meeting Max and Ben. Everything I've been through flashed through my mind like a distant memory. I watched Karen lift up the gun one last time before  hitting me once again.

"I'm sorry Tyler. It's time for you to go into a deep sleep."

As the sirens got louder, Karen turned on her heel and took off. I looked around and winced in pain. I laid there on the ground, not being able to move. I grabbed at my face and stared at my hand, blood leaking down my chin.

The bitch got me good. If this was how I died, I wish I could've told my mother how much I loved her. Then, I shut my eyes and felt myself fall into a deep sleep.