5 Cassie

Flashback

"How many of you pussies does it take to hold down a fourteen year old girl?" The slime calls out as I thrash around not wanting to be drugged again.

Even though they won't penetrate me because I'm worth more, it doesn't mean they don't touch me. They only have one problem I fight back unlike the others.

The track marks up my arms are unbearable to look at as I kick the other guy in front of me. Someone comes up behind me wrapping his hand around my throat when sleazeball walks up with the largest needle yet.

Their faces are a blur but the sharp point of the weapon of choice is clear as day. Not again.

"The more you fight the bigger they get and the worse we make it. This little cocktail will make you feel everything, our feisty girl." He smiles. No!

                        ~~~~~~~~~~

I begin to thrash and scream when I feel a hand rubbing my face, scaring me awake. My heart hammers in my ribs as fear grips me by the ankles.

I swing my arm prepared for my fist to connect with a face but it's grabbed mere inches away.

When my vision clears I'm met with bright ocean blues that widen as they burn into mine, a pout etched on his stupid pretty face.

Arlos' large hand cradles my fist as he chuckles at kaden. Kaden makes no effort to move even with my fist still suspended in front of him.

"Don't ever wake her up like that after she's had a nightmare. Actually never do that again, you're lucky it was just her fist." Relief washes over me at the sound of Arlo but he sounds so far.

I notice I'm still in the cab of Kadens truck with a sweater draped over me. Arlo moves Kaden out of the way to get in front of me cupping my face.

"What happened?" His voice is soft and calm, easing my racing heart. He's wearing a black shirt and basketball shorts meaning he was working out. He reaches out to Jose for a Gatorade bottle forcing me to take a few sips before speaking.

"Professor Richards tried to stick me. She tried to draw my blood. When I refused, the bitch got physical and tried to force me back down—- Arlo I went back to The Delgados" I can't help bursting into tears again as Arlo pulled me into him.

"I will handle it, don't worry. Remember this is temporary, you'll be out of the campus in no time." He places a kiss on the crown of my head telling me to keep drinking. He then turns away making his way over to Jose and Kaden.

He whispers something to the guys and while Jose smiles brightly, Kadens face goes stone. They both nod then walk off as Arlo makes his way over to me lifting me out of the truck.

Carrying me inside the building I rested my head on his shoulder, feeling my safe space I slowly drifted off. I know I'm protected and today's events have burned me out.

I need my bed, 'The Greatest Showman', and junk food. I shift in bed realizing we're in my room already. I keep my eyes shut but hear his footsteps walking out of my room.

I smile to myself when I hear Kat squeal but then their voices become muffled as exhaustion hits.

This week has been hell and I'm so tired I succumb to the darkness letting it drag me under.

                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to fabric being thrown in my face.  Shooting up in bed my head snaps to my closet on the left to see pin straight black hair and long legs.