10 Kaden

'Only two more fish to go.' I repeat in my head as I hold my breath opening the large fish belly. Digging my gloved hand deep I try to grab all the automatic assault rifle bullets then set them on the tray next to me.

The cement walls don't allow much sunlight to trickle in and ventilation sucks ass. Being stuck in this stuffy ass space with the annoying ass buzzing from the Fluorescent lights is really getting to me. It reeks and it's hot as fuck.

The building is massive with several rows of products, weapons on the left and drugs on the right. This is only one of the many buildings in this shipyard.

The Ramirez have several warehouse buildings surrounding the area each one a special use. This one is obviously for all drugs and guns, one is a personal gym/shooting range, another is a safe house and so on.

I thought I'd only be working here once a week or something but it's been every day for a week and a half. I haven't been to the club or seen Cass since I purposely ruined our moment.

Cutting open the last fish I hold in the gag at the pungent fishy smell assaulting my nostrils. Pulling out two pistols and the box of ammunition I can't help but picture her beneath me trembling as I slam into her. Hell she's all I thought about since she left.

I had her begging, I would've gotten to my goal and won, but when I got on top of her everything changed. She wasn't the enemy. Yes, I'm only here to get information on this family but it's Dave's fault I'm here, not Cassie's.

I couldn't do that to her. I can't just take something from her I know I don't deserve. Not when I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about her. Fucking her would be a mistake I can't afford.

When Dave makes his move she'll learn the truth and will probably kill me. If Arlo doesn't kill me first.

When she was under me and I saw the bruises on her I was consumed with rage remembering Sal slap her. I have this urge to protect her. She said she got it sparring but I know that was a bold face lie.

She thought she did a good job lying but the way she averted my gaze when I said Roxie gave her away.

"Kaden the fish is dead, how much more do you plan to gut the thing?" Jose calls out from beside me. This girl is fucking with my head.

"Jesus man you need to get laid." He jokes causing a few of the others to laugh. "We're going to the club after getting showers, wanna come?" It's Saturday night and Arlo should be there.

Maybe I can talk him into putting me back in the club at least. My phone buzzes in my pocket and when I pull it out I see it's a message from kat.

I debate opening it since all she does is bitch me out for getting her kicked out of arlos.

Ever since Cass left he has been distant from both of us. At least I didn't take advantage of the girl.

Having her hate me is for the best, once Dave surfaces and she finds out what I did she will hate me. I gave up her identity to protect Genie.

It was never about mom or kat. Mom can make her own choices even if this all went the way I wanted she wouldn't leave Dave. As for Kat, she's with me and Arlo Dave couldn't touch her with a twenty foot pole.

Genie has no one. She lived with Dave before I came along and I know if I never returned she would pay. I'm snapped out of my thoughts when my phone pings again.

Against my better judgment I open the message already feeling my anger get the better of me.

Kat- Dinner at dads. You're not gonna wanna miss it.