Chapter 16: Favorite Son

Lucifer is sitting at his piano, ready to perform for the rest of the people in LUX. Zarathos and Maze were at the bar counter, drinking while they listened to Lucifer sing. 

Lucifer: 🎵 Oh, sinner man, where you gonna run to? Sinner man, where you gonna run to Where you gonna run to, all along them days? 🎵

Unbeknownst to them, a crime was being committed inside a warehouse in Long Beach. Lucifer's singing could be heard in the background as a worker was using a forklift to move a shipping container.

Lucifer (background): 🎵 Well, I run to the rock, Please hide me, I run to the rock, Please hide me, I run to the rock, Please hide me, all along them days, But the rock cried out, "I can't hide you" The rock cried out...🎵

Until he was stopped by a security guard, telling the worker to get off of the forklift so they could talk about what was going on.

Security Guard: Where you got this one going to?

Worker: San Diego.

The security checks his paperwork, confused because there was no dispatch work for moving anything that night.

Security Guard: Who gave that order?

Lucifer (background): 🎵 All along them days. So I ran to the Devil. He was waitin', I ran to the Devil. He was waitin' I ran to the Devil. He was waitin' All along them days. And I cried, "Power..." 🎵

The Security Guard then calls out on his walkie-talkie, trying to get some verification about the container.

Security Guard: Yeah, yeah, Pete. Erwin here, 413. I got a guy bringing down the Morningstar thing here.

Lucifer (background): 🎵 Lord. Bring down the power, Lord Oh, Lordy, Lordy, Lord! 🎵

The security guard turns his back to the worker, that was the last mistake he made in his life. The worker punches the security guard to the ground, then the worker grabs him and pushes the security guard back into a flatbed truck, and proceeds to punch him multiple times. 

Lucifer (background): 🎵 Bring down... Power... to... the... Lord...! 🎵

The worker then puts the security into a choke hold, then snaps his neck. Killing him. The worker then goes back to the forklift, drops the container on the flatbed trailer, and drives off.

Cut to Chloe's home

Chloe was trying to get Trixie to admit that she was lying, while Dan was drinking some coffee right behind them.

Chloe: What made you think you'd get away with it? If you come clean now, I'll go easy on you. So, tell me... did you eat... the chocolate cake?

Trixie is sitting at the dining room table with obvious smears of cake on her face.

Trixie: No, Mommy.