Chapter - 5

The next morning I woke up without having any nightmares. Tom was not in the room when I looked around. I glanced at the watch kept on the side table, it showed 9 a.m.

I yawned and rubbed my eyes to get away from the drowsiness. Once I was fully awake, I went back to my room. As I closed the door behind me, I went to the bathroom to freshen up, the warm water washed away my all tiredness and awakened re-freshness. With a hope of a better day, I got ready and decided to see Junhee. On my way to the basement, I got a call from an unknown number. Thinking it might be from the hospital, I picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Hello, doctor Jungkook, there's a patient here asking for you" I hear a panicked male voice. My steps halted as I registered what exactly he said.

"What happened?"

"He says that he is one of your old patients and requests to see you now," The man said in a hurry,

"Is there no other doctor?" I asked him,

"No everyone is busy, and as you know about his case," he paused. "It will be more convenient for you to come"

I rubbed my temples as I thought about what I should do.

"Okay, is May there? Give her the phone" I asked for the nurse, as she could have given more details.

"She's out to take some medicines, doctor, could you please make it fast" he urged.

I gave up and decided to go there.

"Okay fine, I am coming" I hung up and went back to my room to take my car keys.

On my way down I saw Junghyun and greeted him.

"Where are you going? I told you to rest, didn't I," Junghyun inquired after seeing me coming downstairs. He met me halfway at the stairs.

"I am fine now. see," I said and lifted up my jeans a little to show him that the swelling was gone,

"I can walk now easily,"

"Then let me drive you. I'll drop you wherever you want to go," Junghyun said but I politely refused him.

"Trust me, I will be fine," I assured him.

"Fine, just take care," Junghyun said and patted me on head before going upstairs to his room.

I took my coat from the coat hanger by the door and went outside. I got inside the car and quickly drove out of the mansion, speeding off to the hospital. I thought of taking a shortcut and googled it on map. Due to last night's snowfall, there were road blocks in the way. It said the shortest route was only forty minutes away from the hospital, and was through the way of some old colonies. I didn't gave much thought to it and pulled over on that route. As I entered one of the remote territories, I saw how isolated it was.

One storey houses that looked like were about to fall any time stood out in a line through an archway, stretching out for a mile on both sides. Dried leaves spread out on the road; they blew away as I drove slowly through the narrow lane. The last bit of snowfall from last night was piled up by the sidewalk and shaded over the roof of the houses. I kept driving and didn't gave much attention to my surroundings.

I was almost out of that place, when suddenly my car stopped. I turned the key and tried to start the car again but it didn't.

"Great, now what?" I groaned in frustration and tried to start it again, but still, it didn't work. I looked around me and had a unfamiliar feeling. I moved out of the car and opened the car bonnet to check the problem. Suddenly my phone started ringing again.