III

I sigh. "No you won't." I whisper when he closes the door and I start cleaning up the kitchen.

*

"That'll be $9.28, ma'am." I say and hand a girl who's no older than 14 her bag with two books inside. She smiles and hands me crumbled money with a few quarters. I gave her the change and later heard the bell on the door ring as she walked out.

Today was quiet. Usually it was since I work at a book store, but not as many people were here today.

"Duces, Noelle." Julian, my coworker says before walking out the door. I waved.

Around closing time, I made sure all the books were where they needed to be and picked up any that might have been laying around throughout the store.

I turned a corner and ran into someone. "Oh Im sorr- Connor, what're you doing here?" I ask confused.

"That's a good question, Tiffany." He slurs. I sigh as I noticed the smell of alcohol on him.

"My names not Tiffany." I say and he trips over a chair.

I help him up and swing his arm around my shoulders. "Come on, Connor." I scold as he tries to sit on the recliner. He sighs.

"Boys just wanna have fun!" He sings way off key.

I manage to get him out of the store and into my car. "Stay here." I say after I put his seat belt on. "Yes, mom." He says and lays his head back on the seat.

I sigh and go back to the store. I make sure nobody is in the bathrooms or anywhere else before turning off the lights and locking the doors.

I get back to the car and Connor is still there, messing with the air freshener hanging on the rearview mirror. I get inside and look at him. "Where's Hannah?" I ask. He looks up at me with his cheeks and nose red.

"Who's Harley? Is that your boyfriend?" He asks and I roll my eyes. "No, I don't have a boyfriend. I sai-" I try to explain but he cuts me off. "You need a boyfriend. You're an amazing girl, Tiffany." He says and I scoff.

"Who's Tiffany?" I ask curious. "You, silly goose." He says and pokes my face.

"For Christ's sake." I say and start the car. I'm just going to have to sober him up myself.

"Do you want me to call Hannah, your fiancée?" I ask as I pull onto the highway. "Oh, Hannah. No. She's a slut." He says and enunciates her name. I try not to laugh.

"What happened and how much did you drink?"

"She told me I can't talk to you anymore and clearly not enough." He says and leans his seat back as far as it will go.

"And lean back, lean back, lean back." He sings as the seat goes back and I laugh slightly.

"Oh my god, you're not Tiffany. You're Noelle. I know because your laugh is cute and Tiffany died." He says and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Who is Tiffany?" I ask, exiting off the highway. "Drew's cousin who I had a crush on. She passed from cancer or Ebola or some shit." He murmurs groggily. What.

Just... What?

"Oh..." Is all I say and figure its best if I say nothing.

First off, why would Hannah say he can't talk to me anymore? If that was true, why is he with me?

Should I call her?

Why did he think I'm Tiffany?

He also said my laugh is cute...he's cute.