X

Was that Hannah?

-

Sure enough, as we got closer I could see her face better. Wesley was smiling at her and vice versa.

Wesley and I weren't exactly together, but it infuriated me since she already had Connor and ruined that.

Just let me have one person, for the love of God.

She had laughed overly loud at something Wesley said and I made my way over to them. "Daddy!" Emory said as I put her down and she jumped in his arms. "Hey, princess." He said, picking her up.

"Me and Noelle were looking all over for you, daddy! We couldn't find you." She pouted and Wesley kissed her head.

Emory looked over at Hannah who was looking at me with daggers. For some reason, it made me smile. "Hey, Hannah. How've you been?" I ask, smiling politely.

In reality, I wanted to rip out her hair extensions.

"Good." She says blankly and rolls her eyes as Wesley looks at me.

"You two know each other?"

"That's Connors ex-fiancée." I say and he looks like a deer in headlights. I had told him about her when he asked why Connor was living on my couch.

"Holy shit." He says and looks guilty.

Why would he look guilty?

"How do you two know each other?" I ask.

"I think its time to go." Wesley says after a few moments. I glance over at Hannah who's looking behind me. I turn slightly to see Connor who now wraps an arm around my shoulder.

"Connor, I-" Hannah starts but Wesley cuts her off. "You're a fucking two timing whore." He snaps. As much as Wesley and I have been hanging out, the only time he got mad is when a waiter a IHOP spilled hot coffee on me.

"I'm so sorry, Connor. I had no idea." Wesley says before picking Emory up and walking towards the parking lot.

Only then does it make sense.

"You did what?" I ask, not believing he actually called off the wedding and then proceeded to ask if I wanted food from the reception.

"Yes, Noelle. I called the wedding off. I realized you were right..." He says and puts his face in his hands.

"I would've made a huge mistake. Plus as soon as I said I didn't want to marry her, she admitted she had been sleeping with some college student she used to know." He scoffs. "I couldn't even call you to tell you happy birthday because she was scared you'd be the one to try something and she's been fucking some other guy since day one. In fact, I'm pretty sure I was the side hoe." He says, shaking his head.

He was talking about Wesley.

"Oh my god." I breathe and look up at Connor who looks like he's going to have a mental breakdown.

I look at Hannah who looks more pissed off than anything. "Let's go, Connor." I say and shake my head at her.

"You really downgraded, Connor." She says.

I didn't know what I was thinking when I walked up to her, licked my thumb, and wiped her eyebrow off.

All I know is I drowned the 'oohs' out from randoms bystanders and pulled Connor with me, away from the carnival.

The carnival was in the parking lot of a movie theatre - weird, yes but it was a large parking lot and the theatre was abandoned - I had walked over to where we had parked, but Wesley's car was gone. I assumed he left with Emory and sighed while getting my phone out to call a cab.