IV

"Hopefully I won't have to."

*

Connor and I haven't spoken since we were at IHOP. Its been a week, call me clingy but I kinda missed him even though I'm sure he didn't miss me as much.

I knew today was the premier of his short film, I was working late anyways supervising the book club meeting and had to close up when they left.

I wouldn't be able to make it even if he wanted me to.

I went to the break room and got a cookie from the container on the counter. I was sitting down at the round table in the middle of the room and decided to check my phone.

Soon after, just checking my phone turned into checking all of Connor's social media only to realize that Hannah did unfriend and block me.

But not from twitter.

He had tweeted a picture of a scene from the movie that looked like was taken in a theatre over an hour ago. That was it.

I knew the movie had to be at least over by now, but I tried not to think about anything that had to do with him.

It was harder than I thought.

-

"Goodbye ladies." I say in a partially fake cheery voice as I hold the door for them to leave. They each thanked me and filed into their cars, talking about whatever book they were reading. I didn't care, I just wanted food.

Once everyone was gone, I had locked the doors and drove straight to whataburger. I ended up going inside to order food due to the long line in the drive-through.

There wasn't as much of a line inside, there was only one person in front of me. He was taking his sweet time ordering what seemed like the whole menu. My phone vibrated with a notification and I was mindlessly scrolling while the man in front of me was deciding between a number two or number three.

"Just a patty melt combo, please." I say when its finally my turn. I noticed a few people walk in but I didn't care to look over. She looked relived that I had a simple order and I payed her.

As I was getting my drink, someone trapped my shoulder. I looked over and saw Connor. My eyes nearly fell out of their sockets but I tried to compose myself as quickly as possible. "What are you doing here?" I asked, hoping I didn't sound rude.

"Lauren hasn't ever been to whataburger so I wanted to bring her." He says nonchalantly, gesturing towards a very pretty girl who's ordering. She was stunning, she was wearing an elegant black dress and Connor had a black button up shirt along with matching black pants.

They both looked great, long story short.

They also got a few stares, probably because they were over dressed for a fast food joint. However, I was in jeans and a flannel.

"So how'd it go?" I ask, putting the lid on the paper cup and sticking a straw in it. "Everyone said they liked it, they were probably just being nice since they were speaking directly to me. I don't know." He says and scratches the back of his head.

"I'm sure they were being genuine when they said they liked it, I mean it has to be good if you wrote it." I say and slightly blush, I didn't know why. Who I assumed was Lauren came over, "That's exactly what I told him, except I know it was really good because I just watched it. Stop being so critical over yourself." She says and playfully hits his shoulder.

She was even prettier up close, I was getting self-conscious over the fact that normal human beings can look like her. She had long and lean legs, slightly tanned skin, long blonde hair, and a gorgeous smile.