epilogue

- two years later -

-

"Yeah, hi. Can I get the 20 piece nugget thing, two apple pies, large fries, and a McFlurry please?" Noelle yelled into the intercom and turned to me. "You want anything?" She asked with an eyebrow raied and I gently shook my head, wondering if that much good will even be able to fit inside her.

"That'll be it." She said and after getting the total, she drove up to the window.

"So, guess who got the part for American Crime?" I say nonchalantly as she's handing the cashier my credit card. She looks over at me wide eyed, eyebrows raised, and her card still only halfway out the window.

"Are you serious?!" She asks with a smile and I nod, shrugging. "No biggie." I smirk and she leans over the console, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"I'm so fucking proud of you." She says in my neck and I smile. The cashier clears her throat rather loudly and Noelle quickly let's go of me.

"Sorry, here you go." She says, finally handing the card over sheepishly. She looked over at me with a wide grin, "This is like an Emmy nominated TV show, Connor." She says excitedly through a smile and I laugh slightly.

"Well, yeah..." I shrug. She scoffed and shoved me not-so-softly.

"Stop acting so posh." She scolds and I shrug. "I don't know, I still feel like they called the wrong guy." I laugh slightly. "Plus its only for one season, nothing's definite and with me in it, I doubt it'll get an Emmy." I add.

"It'll get an Emmy simply because you're in it." She says and grabs the food from the cashier and immediately grabs a fry from out of the bag.

I gently shook my head, disagreeing but not verbally. She'd lecture me the whole way home if I said anything so I didn't, even though I probably did need to be lectured.

"My god, this show is hilarious." She laughs. She had finished everything she bought, defying every law of physics ever made in the process.

She was so tiny and precious. I didn't understand how all that food was demolished by her.

"This show is horrifying." I gesture towards the TV that was playing Happy Tree Friends.

"Everyone has their opinions." She says, laying down and scooting closer towards me. I wrapped my arms around and heard her sigh softly.

In the morning, I awoke to hear retching from the bathroom and I immediately ran over to see Noelle hunched over the toilet.

"Don't look at me, I'm not beautiful." She says, trying to push me away but I only sat on the floor behind her and pulled her hair out of her face, rubbing her back with one hand.

"In sickness and in health, remember." I say softly

"Did you just quote twilight?" She asks, her voice raspy and strained.

"Are you okay?" I ask, ignoring her question altogether.

She wordlessly flushed the toilet and sat down on the lid.

"Look in the sink." She says and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Wh-"

"Just do it." She says. Out of curiosity, I stood up and looked in the sink to see three sticks with plus signs on each one.

"Holy shit." I whisper, looking over at her. She looked nervous and I wrapped my arms around her waist, picking her up in a hug.

"You're seriously pregnant? There's an alien growing inside here?" I ask, putting my hand on her stomach with a huge smile. She wasn't showing much, but I was already getting all giddy inside from when she would show.

She nodded, smiling softly. I turned back to the sink and grabbed the toothbrush that rested next to mine and handed it to her.

"Brush your teeth so I can kiss the shit out of you."

-

((Is that an acceptable epilogue...? So yeah, they're cute and whatnot... If you have questions, feel free to ask but I love you all until then.))