V

Lauren didn't come to Applebee's with us, it was just Connor and I in a booth at 11:30am.

I couldn't imagine why she wouldn't come.

I could, but I still felt the need to ask. "Is Lauren still upset?" I asked after the waiter took our order. He shrugged, "I apologized, she said it was fine. But her and Hannah are currently at a fitting for Lauren's bridesmaid dress since Hannah kicked out one of her other friends."

"Oh." Is all that manages to come out of my mouth.

"What's been going on with you?" He asks with a new sudden interest. "Still stacking books, having all-nighters by myself on Saturdays. Nothing out of the ordinary." I say and shrug.

"Why do you have all-nighters by yourself on Saturdays?" He asks, bringing his straw to his lips and maintaining eye contact the whole time.

My mind wandered until he waved his hands in front of my face. "Sorry." I mumbled. "Well, I usually watch horror movies on Netflix until 4am when inuyasha comes on toonami and then Pokémon comes on after that." I say as if its obvious.

"I guess I could DVR it but that ruins tradition..." I add slowly as I realize how weird I sound. He furrows his eyebrows at me. "You're almost as much of a nerd as I am." He says, a smirk forming on his lips.

"Almost." I echo, making sure he knew he'd always have first place. He laughs and I sat there, soaking in every feature of his.

In three days, I wouldn't be able to see that smile anymore. I wanted to stay friends with him, but I know it won't last since he simply doesn't feel the same way I feel towards him. I loved him a lot, he only thought of me as a friend.

I was always so grateful that he was even in my life, I didn't care if he felt the same or not. I had always hoped some other guy would come along and then the whole 'just friends' thing would be mutual.

The other half hoped he would realize that he was in love with me and we would skip off into the sunset holding hands in feetie pajamas.

Knowing my luck, neither will happen considering he didn't even remember that today was my birthday.

Then again, I even forgot until Connors mother and his brothers called to tell me happy birthday.

"You keep spacing out." He says, grabing my attention. "Sorry." I mutter and he chuckles.

"You keep saying that." He says, looking at me with that half smirk.

I didn't know what to say after that.

I cleared my throat. "Who's going to be your best man?" I asked, not knowing what else to talk about. "Liam." He said. I nodded, "How is he?" I asked, regarding the fact I just spoke to him not even two hours ago.

"Great, he's graduating this year. Its weird, its like yesterday we were at the playground our dad used to always take us to and now I'm getting married and he's going to college." He says and laughs slightly. "I can only imagine how your mother feels." I say.

"She absolutely loathes Hannah with every inch of her soul." He says and shakes his head slightly. "Why, your mother is literally the most loving woman I know?" And she was. She was the closest thing I had to a real mother.

"She thinks Hannah's a gold digger. Hannah has more money I do from modeling and inheritance, I don't even know if that's the real reason. I thought they would've loved each other but I guess not. Its odd, though, since she thinks of you as the daughter she never had." He says.

"That is weird." I mumble. I never knew what to say when the subject had anything to do with Hannah.

My mind was all over the place today, reasons: unknown.