XI

"Where's the children's section?" Cade asks.

   "You've been working here for almost two months now and you still don't know your way around the store?" I snap. He puts his hands up in surrender, while somehow keeping the box in his arms. "You always stack these." He says calmly as if I was going to explode at any moment.

   "Give them here, you watch the fucking counter." I say, snatching the box away from him and heading towards the kids section.

   There was a few children here, sitting quietly reading some picture books at the circle table.

   I didn't pay attention to them as I practically threw the books on the shelf, not caring if they were even in order. They'd get mixed up anyways at the hands of toddlers.

   "Uh, Noelle?" I hear Julian ask and I immediately sigh. "What, Julian?" I ask while picking up the empty box and heading out of the paper castle otherwise known as the kids section.

   He blocks my path and furrows an eyebrow. "What's wrong, Cade told me you said fuck and snapped at him." He says, rather than asks.

    "Can I just be extremely irritated in peace?" I maneuvered around him, ignoring his statement.

   He fast walks in front of me, putting his hands on my shoulders. "Babe, what's wrong? You know you can tell me anything." He rubs his hands on my shoulders, comfortingly.

   "I don't want to talk about it right now." I say, heading towards the back where we threw the boxes. I put the box down once I was back there and sighed. I ran my fingers through my hair and suddenly felt arms wrap around me.

   I smelt Irish spring soap and cigarettes and hugged back, knowing it was Julie. "You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to but I don't like seeing you upset or mad." He whispers. "And you need to stop smoking." I whisper back.

   "I'm down to one a day, I'm trying, okay?" He says, smiling proudly, pulling away and cupping my face.

   "You're gonna make a girl really happy one day." I say suddenly after a few moments. He lets out a soft dry chuckle.

   "I'm already trying."

-

   "Noelle?" I hear Connor say as he walks through the front door. I turn my head from the couch and lift my eyebrows. "What do you want?"

   "I brought take out." He says sighing, lifting the plastic bags in his hands slightly. "I also brought your muffins and cereal bars since I ate the last of yours." He says sheepishly.

   "Yeah, no shit." I say under my breath.

   I wasn't the best when I didn't have my morning muffin.

   "Did you just say shit?" He asks surprised. "You ate my muffins and my cereal bars!" I exclaimed in anger.

   "I didn't know you were that sensitive about it!" He says in defense. "I got you beef lo mein, I apologized, I bought you more muffins and cereal bars. What more do I need to do?" He asks, putting the bags down in front of me on the coffee table.

   I don't know, love me back.

   Knowing that's highly unlikely, I think for a moment. "A hug." I simply state.

   "A hug?"

   "A hug."

   "And then you'll forgive me?"

   "It will be forgiven and forgotten until we have an argument and I decide to bring this up."

   He chuckles slightly and shrugs while opening his arms. I got up and walked around the table and into his embrace.

   Jesus, he smelt great.

   "Are, uh... Are you sniffing me?"

   I quickly pull away and open the plastic bags. I scoff as I take the little boxes out, "What? No... That'd be... weird." I say, avoiding his gaze at all costs.

   "It's alright, I know I smell fantastic." He says, smiling lazily.

   I shook my head slightly and started eating after I sat down. He got his box and sat next to me but grabbed to remote instead of digging in. "The Breakfast Club or Star Wars?" He asks, opening Netflix.

   "Star Trek."

   "Star Wars."

   "Star Trek."

   "Wars."

   "Trek."

   "Star Wars, Noelle."

   "Need I remind you of the events of this morning when I figured out what you had consumed without permission or an E-mail in advance?"

   He sighed heavily and I noticed his slight smirk peeking through.

   He played Star Trek.

-

note: ITS SHORT, IM SORRY BUT THIS IS ALL I COULD MANAGE AFTER REWRITING IT LITERALLY SIX TIMES.

SIX TIMES.

MY TRASH CAN ON COLOR NOTE IS DISSATISFYING.

but apart from not being to write something I'm willing for other people to read, my mom is in the hospital and will be for a while so yeah that's been...not well?

I'm bad with words which is oddly ironic...

But I'm not making food, sadly. Our kitchen is going through the great depression since my mom isn't home to do the grocery shopping

anyways, I don't know how to end this story so... what're your thoughts/opinions that I may or may not take into consideration since my mind is blanker than the list of people I've dated....?

farewell.

(CURIOUS, STAR WARS OR STAR TREK? For me it's Trek...)

EDITED