XII

Mapi's POV

"Ingrid?"

"Hey Mapi...."

"(What the fuck.)" Alexia peered out from my bedroom stunned to see the Norwegian.

"Hola Capt." Ingrid gave a shy wave to behind me to the Putellas woman.

"(Mapi what is she doing here?)"

"Ingrid what are you doing here?" I turned to the tall dark haired girl confused.

"Like I said I came to explain myself. I think I deserve that much." I shook my head in disbelief. She just randomly transferred clubs breaking up with me over text and has the audacity to say she should get to talk to me still, no way.

"In what way?!"

"Seriously Mapi come on. I just need time to explain myself." Ingrid pleaded with me. I glanced back to see Alexia's response but she was too busy looking at her phone confused.

"(Alexia, what's wrong?)"

"(Jenni is in Barcelona. She wants to talk.)"

What in the return of the exes shit is going on here? I gave her a small nod as I opened the door for Ingrid to enter. If Jenni is here wanting to see Alexia that means she wants her back and she'll get what she wants because Jenni always got her way with Alexia.

"So?" I looked over at her anxiously as Alexia walked out the door.

"What's she doing here?" Ingrid asked me curiously.

"(Alexia's my best friend.)"

"But what is she doing here this early?"

"(She slept over. We went to the Formula Ona race with Braylee yesterday and we just hung out after that.)" I rolled my eyes at her prying questions.

"Is Braylee Parker here?" She quickly glanced around and I shook my head.

"Oh."

"(What do you know about Braylee Parker?)"

"She's your new teammate."

"(Exactly she's just a teammate.)" I lied to her waiting to see a further reaction.

"Sorry I just...ignore that." She shook her head and smiled at me.

"(Why are you here Ingrid?)"

"I never explained to you what happened. I miss you Mapi. I got kicked off the team and I was upset then I had this irrational panic that you were going to break up with me. So I ended things first."

"(Ingrid, I'm not sure what you want me to say. You just left. You're coming back and wanting what exactly?)"

"I'm wanting to apologize and maybe talk..."

"(I moved on.)"

"Oh..." I could the last bit of hope drop from her face as she turned away. What I said was true. I had moved on. I'm over Ingrid and honestly could have gone without the explanation.

She just abandoned me. Even if she wasn't playing for Barcelona I'd still love her. Hell I'd fight for her spot on the team. I'd maybe transfer teams. I would have done something but she ripped away any chance at saving us.

How could she just expect me to go back?

"And by moved on you mean...?"

"(Yeah I like somebody else. It's not a crime to move on. I did nothing wrong here.)" I felt guilty saying it, but I was the innocent one.

"May I ask who?"

"(Why does it matter Ingrid? Are you gonna try to run her off? I don't think that'll work.)" Its not like she'd guess it. I mean Braylee just ended things with her boyfriend anyways and no one really knows that she's not straight.

"So it's not Braylee Parker?" Well damn I take back everything.

"(Like girl who's with a Formula one driver?)" I lied through my teeth to avoid revealing my feelings for her.

"I suppose that's true, but when has that ever stopped you. You like who you want to like." I rolled my eyes at her claim. She's now going to make me sound like some player who steals people's girlfriend. Last time I check she kind of did that.

She slid in after Ana and I were in a fragile place and she cut the final tie. Sneaky now that I look back on it.

"Well what's keeping you from telling me?"

"(I'm keeping you away from her.)"

"Glad it's not Braylee Parker, because she's with her rumored ex Lia Walti right now." She looked down at her phone with a small smirk.

"(What are you talking about we dropped Braylee off at Ona and Aitana's last night?)" I looked over at her phone confused. What the hell? Lia and Braylee were together.

And the worst part is, is that Lia isn't the one who posted it. Braylee posted a photo of them on her instagram.

'Missing my gunners a little more today, but thankful for the visit.'

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Lia Walti cheated on her and now after getting cheated on again she goes back to the original cheater? What the fuck?

"Your face seems to be telling me something different..."

"(Ingrid stay away from Braylee Parker.)"

"I want you back Mapi."

"Fuck off. Get out." I stood up abruptly escorting her to the door. I wanted her out of here. I was done.

"I'm sorry I-."

"Out." I told her firmly lightly guiding her to the door.

"I'm sorry." Her head hung low as she finally walked out of the door.

"(What the fuck is going on?)" I groaned to myself thinking how Alexia, Braylee, and even my ex all showed up on the same day.

Who set us up?

I called Alexia and she quickly answered.

—_—_—_—_—_

"Hola Mapi."

"(Is Jenni actually here?)"

"(Right beside me.)"

"(And you don't seem surprised?)"

"(I'm just happy she's here and you're currently interrupting our time together.)"

"(Alexia...Braylee's ex Lia Walti is here too. All three of our ex or whatever you and Jenni were. All three of them show up at the same time. Don't you think that there's something odd about that? I mean for all three to 'randomly' come back?)"

"(Hold on...sorry I was walking away from Jenni. What are you saying? You think someone set this up to try and split the three of us up somehow? Who would even know or try to do that? I mean Ona and Aitana are like the only two who even know we like her and they don't know that we've been sleeping together.)"

"(And we're sure about that?)"

"(I'll talk to them. Go to Braylee's and get Lia Walti the hell away from her. I've gotta go.)"

—_—_—_—_—_—_

Alexia was right. I need to go save Braylee from Lia and we have to find out who set us up. Who knows about all of this?