XXX

Braylee's POV

Talk about whether this is going to workout?

What the hell was I thinking?

I didn't even mean to say it like that. I just meant to tell Mapi that I don't want our relationship as the center of attention like that. Maria always loves being center of attention but I don't. It terrifies me. Sure she might be out and proud, but I'm not.

I'm just not sure what to say about it to her now. I mean what I said was extreme, but it felt fair.

"You upset her."

"I was afraid of that."

"Need to talk?" I gave a small nodd to the shorter fullback.

"Let's walk the field." Ona nodded as we began distancing from any remaining players.

"I guess I freaked. I know Maria is beyond happy to be my girlfriend but for a second it all just felt like too much."

"You and Lia weren't very out with it, were you?" Once again I shook my head.

"No Lia being much older than me and captain we both felt the need to be very lowkey about things. Mapi is just...she super energetic about everything and maybe I'm just not used to the spotlight in that manner."

Ona nodded as she looked at grass beneath us. Ona's been such a guiding voice since I've been here. She's such a breath of fresh air and my bestfriend. So I almost followed anything she told me.

"She's just so happy to be with you."

"I know."

"And Mapi loves to let everyone know how happy you make her."

"I know." I groaned feeling shitty about upsetting her.

"So what are you still confused on?"

"How to handle this?" I half asked-half told.

"You should apologize for snapping at Mapi since she's a literal puppy then you explain to her how you feel overwhelmed and that you'd like to keep your relationship out of the spotlight for now." I smiled as I pulled Ona into a hug and spun us in a circle.

"You're the best Batlle. I love you!" I jogged away with a big smile on my face.

"I owe you an apology." I caught Mapi as I turned the corner.

"What?" She looked a mix of confused and sad.

I pulled her in by her training tank top and pressed my lips against hers gently.

"I really like you Maria. I do. I want you to know that, but I'm not ready for the level of attention that you seem to bring to your relationships. I just feel really overwhelmed with you know having the team just see me as Mapi's girlfriend now." I told her as I wrapped my arms gently around her neck.

"Oh, so you're not breaking up with me?" She had a bit of a frown on her face.

"Why would I want to break up with you?"

She gave me a small shrug as her eyes drifted down towards the ground. I smiled to myself again as I leaned forward to connect our lips once more.

"So we're good?" Mapi asked me innocently and I nodded.

"I just wanted to communicate somethings with you. You didn't know you did anything wrong Maria. I l-I think everything is going to be okay." I gulped at the fact that I almost admitted I loved her.

"May I take you to dinner tonight, mi amor?"

"Double date?" Aitana and Ona peaked up from behind her.

"Wait can we?!" Mapi looked at me excited and I nodded with a small smile on my face.

"That sounds great Maria." I placed a quick peck on her nose as Aitana squealed.

"Yes double date!!" Aitana jumped up into Ona's arms who just smiled at the smallest girl.

"Braylee are we leaving soon?" Here comes the complaining teen. I smiled at the fact that she was side by side with the captain.

"Umm yes but what are the chance you and Alexia hang out tonight so Mapi and I can go on a double date with Ona and Aitana?" I cracked a smile at Alexia who just sent me a small nod and placed a hand on Tatum's shoulder.

"Don't have to ask me twice. She's cooler than you anyways." I shook my head as gently pushed her shoulder back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you ready?" Mapi walked up behind me pushing my hair to the side to place a gentle kiss on my neck.

I mumbled a small 'Mmhmm' as I held her hands around my torso. The two of our eyes meeting through the mirror.

"I want to tell you something." I was honestly surprised that the sentence slipped out. I just had a gut feeling that I needed to tell her.

"I love you-I am in love with you and I truly believe that's part of the reason I freaked earlier because I'm just afraid to mess things up with you because I truly am so happy to be with you and-." Mapi cut me off by placing her lips against mind followed by gently pressing my body into the wall behind us. Her lips travled from mine to down my neck.

"We have a date to get to Maria." I told her in a shaky voice and gently pushed her off of me.

"(Tonight I won't be stopping.)"

"(Then don't.)" I whispered in her ear with a smirk on my face.

"(One more.)" Mapi smashed her lips into mine and pulled back grabbing my hand and pulling me out my front door.

"Oh and Braylee. I love you too." I felt my face heat up as she opened the car door for me.

Tonight was going to be such a long night.

A\N: a little on the shorter side but what shall happen on the double date?