13.

Chapter 13 | Bumping into people

'Your arms around me me felt like home. I'm homesick.'

ANTONIA (TONY) SMITH

~~~

It's about 10 am in the morning and I've got my hair flowing lose around my shoulders, my highlights fresh from my hair appointment the other day. I've got a white mini dress on with a plunging neckline and it's backless. I pair the White Fox black bolero with the dress which are the little sleeves with basically nothing else.

My makeup is done and I've smudged blue eyeshadow across my undereyes that match the exact shade of my eyes, I put on a light brown shadow on my lid, doing a slight cat eye

My makeup is done and I've smudged blue eyeshadow across my undereyes that match the exact shade of my eyes, I put on a light brown shadow on my lid, doing a slight cat eye. I've done my base and brows and I smudge a dark nude lip tint on my lips before putting on my gloss over.

Mum is taking me to the town and there's a cute corner shop café / bookshop and mum said she's take me there then take me on a shopping spree in the clothing shops, then we could go to the massive Sephora and get makeup for the concert, which is next weekend. 

My dad's got a working weekend, and his shifts are long, so we won't even have the evenings together, me and mum always miss him on these weekends and so we plan every second of every hour he's away so we can keep our minds of it. 

We weren't a particularly close family but then I got diagnosed with anorexia and we got closer, from all the awkward conversations in the waiting rooms, from them checking in on me and my mates 24/7, from the fact I always had to be at home for dinner and eat with them. They've loosened up now but we got closer during that time. We got closer as a family and I'm so grateful for that but it makes these weekends harder than they ever were.

Me and mum always dress up for these little days together, I don't know why. It just became a tradition at some point and she gives me a challenge each time, like incorporate a certain color or style this piece of clothing, this week it's to wear my dress without shapewear or something to hide my appearance.

I run downstairs, shoving my purse, a book and little guideline shopping list for what I wanted in my mini black handbag before finding my heels. This pair of heels goes perfectly with my dress, it's about a four inch block heel, they're white and open toed with two pearl straps, one over my toes and the other is pearls threaded onto ribbon, over my ankle which ties with a bow at the back of the shoe.

I head over to the kitchen island, eyeing up the bowl of fruit salad and yoghurt mum had laid out for me and analyzing her outfit, it was cute.

My mum had a teenage pregnancy, it was planned and her and dad's love was deep. They got together at 14 and have loved each other since, he proposed to her on her 16th birthday and so now she's 33 and he's 34.