~15~

Enid's POV:

"Xavier?" I tilt my head a little. Ajax nods. "What about him?"

The boy takes a deep breath. "You remember how I kissed him when I was drunk?" I nod my head. "I think I like him."

I gasped in shock. "Gay!" I point.

He chuckles. "Yeah, yeah. But I don't think he likes me back."

I shrug. "Dunno, man. I mean, after you kissed him, he ran away." I say. "But his face was like beet red."

"He can't even be around me." Ajax huffs.

"But didn't you take him upstairs? Remember? At the Halloween dance?" I continue as he looks at me in confusion.

"Oh, yeah." He scrunches his face and chuckles slightly. "That didn't go as planned."

"Maybe he's trying to figure out his feelings for you. I don't know but maybe I can find out for you." I offer.

"Really?" His head perks up and his face brightens. I nod my head, grinning, before having arms wrapped around me.

"Okay." I chuckle, awkwardly patting his back.

"Thanks, Enid! You're the best!" The gorgon exclaims before jumping up and running out of the dorm.

Oh, that silly boy.

——————————

Wednesday's POV:

"Gotcha!" I call out as I touch the point of the saber to Bianca's chest as she sits on the ground.

"You got lucky." She mumbles as she gets up to her feet.

"Sure, you said that like three points ago." I laugh, turning around and walking away from the siren, taking my place on the mat again.

As I face back to the siren, I see her charging at me. With a yelp, I step to the side quickly as her tip flies right by me. She groans before slowly coming at me this time. I smirk behind my mask.

Angry Bianca, angry Bianca, angry Biancaaaa.

I block her attack and push it to the side. She stumbles forward before whipping around to lunge at me.

Our swords move rapidly as they clatter against each other. I try to reach for her but miss by a centimeter. A FUCKING CENTIMETER!

I fall backward onto the ground, somehow, someway. Haven't noticed we stopped staying on the mat. We're two mats over from where we were supposed to be. Other fencers stopped battling as we interrupted them.

"Sorry!" I call out quickly before rolling backward to get to my feet again. Ew. Did I just apologize? Gross.

Bianca pushes me against a wall as she tries to touch the sword to me. I block all of them before one goes straight for my chest. My saber was knocked to the ground so the only thing to do is crouch down and move away.

I swiftly move under her legs and scramble to my feet, turning around to the bloodthirsty siren. She charges at me again, I use my hands and arms to move her sword away from me.

My breath is slowly being taken away from me as I struggle to catch it. I back a decent amount away from Bianca before yanking the mask off my face. The air hits me and I immediately feel better. Thank you.

The girl is by me again as I continue to block her attacks. I'm finally able to catch her sword with my hand and have a tight grip on it.

"Aha!" I shout with a grin. Bianca also smiles as her hand slowly moves from behind her back. Then, I'm stabbed in the stomach.