~51~

Enid's POV:

I was finally back on the ground after Willa threw Pugsley out of the house. I land in her arms as I drop down from the ceiling.

Yes, even I wonder how she caught a heavy wolf like me. She's crazy.

Night approaches us and we get changed into our pajamas in her room.

She walks out of her small walk-in bathroom in a plain black shirt and black checkered pants. I immediately jump off the bed and rummage through my suitcase.

I yank out a white t-shirt and pink checkered pants before squealing and running into the bathroom. I caught a raise of the raven's eyebrow as I slammed the door shut.

I smile widely as I quickly undress and hop into the new clothes. Once I'm done, I make a big entrance back into the room.

"We're matching!" I exclaim as I stretch my arms outwards. Wens shakes her head and chuckles lightly before standing up and walking over to me.

She takes my hands and looks me deeply in the eyes. "You look beautiful, ma chérie." She whispers.

ISN'T THAT LIKE A FRENCH PET NAME?!?!?!

AAAAAAA!!!!

I blush and look away, but her fingertips touch my chin as she lifts my head back up. Her lips press gently to mine and I melt in the touch.

That's all I can do, feel the structure and texture of her lips. How soft they are, how warm they are...

"You wanna go out in the woods with me for a bit?" Wednesdays pulls away and asks while she rests her forehead against mine.

I hesitate for a second, thinking about the cold and the darkness out there. "Why not?" I finally say, walking away from her and grabbing my sweatshirt.

She also slips one over her head as we walk out of the room and down the stairs. Morticia is putting Pugsley to bed right now, I think. So we just leave without saying anything.

"You know, I haven't seen Lurch," I say about a couple minutes into the walk.

The girl shrugs. "He's around, just not as much. We don't really need him now that my father isn't here anymore." She answers.

My eyes widen. "You guys killed him?" I exclaim.

Her head jerks to look at me. "What? No! I mean he's just not here to be the little dirtball he is." Wens says more specifically. "The dick head doesn't know how to clean up after himself." She mutters the second part under her breath.

I purse my lips and continue walking forward on the cluttered path within the trees. It's actually kind of calming out here at night. Listening to the rustling of the leaves from the breeze. The chirping of the crickets in the distance. The moonlight that shines through the branches of the trees.

It's still scary that it's nighttime. The fact that a snap of a twig makes me jump is so stupid. I can't help but be paranoid from that night...

"You alright?" A hand squeezes mine to jerk me back to reality.

I look over at Wenny who seems worried. I nod my head. "I'm fine," I tell her.

"Okay." The girl doesn't seem too convinced but she faces back forward and continues to walk.

We soon approach a little pond that's actually big enough for skinny dipping.

What the hell? Why did I think of that?

I mean... I would love to do it with Wednesday...

"Sit." My girlfriend motions next to her as she sits on the ground.