~54~

Wednesday's POV:

Midnight is approaching and I need to get some sleep. I've been writing so much I feel like my fingers are about to fall off.

I haven't seen Enid all day... she's probably just at Yoko's, maybe even spending the night. I kinda hope she comes back soon.

I finish the next part of my novel before taking the paper out of my typewriter and sliding it neatly onto the pile next to me. I sigh before standing up to grab clothes so I can change.

As I get done in the bathroom, I hear a faint sound of the dorm door opening. I raise my eyebrow in suspicion before setting my toothbrush down and walking towards the door.

Maybe it's just Enid.

My hand turns the knob and it swings open, revealing a wolf standing in the middle of the dorm.

"We should talk," Enid says quietly before trotting over to sit on her bed.

I hesitate and watch her for a second before also sitting next to her. I pat my knees patiently as I wait for her to speak.

"I feel like we need to have a serious conversation about whatever you're doing." The girl waves her hand in a circle at me.

I raise an eyebrow in confusion. "About you feeling too vulnerable, silly." She scoffs and I let out a small oh. "We just need to see each other's side of it. I want to understand completely so I don't fuck it all up."

I nod my head waiting for the right time to speak... and the right words.

"I said that I'm feeling too vulnerable and trying to become cold again, right?" I question and Enid nods her head. "Did I tell you why I'm doing it?"

The wolf shakes her head. "I don't think so. But, then again, you probably did and I just don't remember." She shrugs.

I continue. "Since we started dating, your actions have been rubbing off on me and it's been overwhelming and... frightening," I say the last word kind of quietly.

I look up to see her facial expression and I immediately talk again. "It's not your fault! I don't blame you, I've actually enjoyed it a little. But I just need to get it under control, you know?" I raise a brow.

Enid hums. "So you don't blame me?"

"Never."

"So..." The girl thinks. "My actions have affected you a lot and you need to change?"

I nod. "Don't change yourself though, you did nothing wrong. I just let myself get out of hand. Alright?" My hand places itself on her thigh to make sure she's okay. I don't want this conversation to change her.

"I got your side, now it's my turn." She turns her body a little more to face me and finally takes her eyes off my hand to look at me. "You know that what you're doing is going to affect me, yeah?"

"I'm aware and I'm going to try to also keep that under control," I murmur.

"Don't try to stop it!" Enid says quickly. "I just want you to know that so you don't exactly like... block me out."

I look down at my lap and take a breath. "Even if it does seem like I don't care, I love you dearly, Enid." I connect my eyes with hers and I notice a small glistening in the ocean.

The wolf grins and it melts my insides. She's so pretty.

"So I think we'll be okay from now on." Enid sighs as she throws her hand down on her leg. "Thanks, Wenny."

I quickly glare at her but then soon stop. "You're the only one that can call me names other than Wednesday. If I hear any of your friends call me them though, I can't say I won't have them in a chokehold." I order.