~60~

Enid's POV:

My eyes shoot open and I jerk upwards, breathing heavily. I look around at my surroundings and I'm in an unfamiliar place.

My fingers spread across the soft surface of the couch and I peer over the back of it to find Abby in the kitchen. What the hell am I doing here? I don't remember anything.

I rack my brain to try to figure out anything that happened before I fell asleep. I remember hanging out with Sam and Yoko, but I don't remember anything after that.

"What am I doing here?" My raspy voice speaks to the girl.

My eyes followed Abby as she walked over to me and sat on the chair next to the couch. "You don't remember?" She chuckles briefly and I shake my head. "You showed up at my door at like one in the morning and asked to stay with me for a few days."

I space out on the table between both of the furniture. "How come I don't remember?" I ask once I'm able to break the gaze and look at her.

"Well, you were a bit drunk too." She speaks softly.

I scoff. "A bit. Definitely more than a bit, you don't need to lie about that to me. I know what happened then."

"What happened then?"

"Yoko had two bottles of something... I can't remember what it was, but... I know I had a whole bottle of it even though she said only a little." I explain.

"Why would you do that?" Abby asks me.

"Because I'm fucked up," I muttered, starting to hold back tears as I think about yesterday's events.

"You're not fucked up, Enid. You're just going through shit." The girl moved to the couch to sit next to me.

I raise an eyebrow. "Did I tell you what happened?" I ask in suspicion because I know that when I'm drunk, I blurt out anything without hesitation.

She nods her head. "After you threw up last night, yeah."

I roll my eyes, tucking my knees up to my chest as I sit to fold my arms on them and lay my head on them.

A few moments pass and the only thing that fills the silence is that goddamn clock. After a few minutes, I lift my head and look at Abby with sad eyes. "Just a few days, that's all I ask."

"I already gave you permission. It's okay, Enid, I don't mind." She says sweetly and gives me a little smile.

I try to smile back at the girl, but it's weak. But hey, it's something.

Just a few days. Allows me to clear my mind and shit, then I'll be back at Nevermore.

——————————

Yoko's POV:

I wake up on the cold wooden floor of my dorm. I look around while yawning and notice half of Sammy's body is off my bed.

I huff and shake my head, reaching over and tapping the gorgon awake. "Sam... Sam!" I yell in a hushed voice.

I stand up and spin around to find Enid, but she's not here. "Where's Enid?" I asked once Sam was up.

She stretches and groans before fixing her position and sitting in my bed. She looks around the room too and then shrugs.

"No clue, did she leave early or something?" The girl asks.

I mutter under my breath before trotting over to my bathroom to check if she's in there. As I walked out of the small room, I kicked an empty bottle across the floor in frustration.