Prologue: The Beginning Pt. 1

"If you only hear one side of the story, you have no understanding at all"
- Chinua Achebe

Sora's Perspective thirteen months before Project Z begins.

I remember seeing Kairi looking at me with sad eyes. We were on Destiny Island with everybody. I did it, everybody was safe, even Kairi, but we both knew the consequences for my actions. A tear went down her cheek and then... Then what? I opened my eyes.

I was on the floor? When did I lay down?

"This place..."

It was The Final World, but it's night? Wait... I looked at my hands.

"At least... I'm all here."

It was quiet, but maybe someone was here. Only one way to find out. I got up from
the ground and looked around.       

"Heeey! Is anyone out there?"       

I shouted, but no answer. I tried again.       
"Hellooo!"

I listened to my surroundings and then I heard a soft sob. Was it a child?

"Hello?"

I heard a little voice sniffling.

"Who's that?"

I asked. I pricked my ears to try to hear more. The little voice came again.

"Where are you?"

"Over here!"

I yelled. I began to run in the direction of the voice. Who ever it was was sad and they
need help. I heard the voice again this time a little louder.

"I think... Oh! I see you"

The person walked up to me and she stopped when we had eye contact. It was a little
girl that looked like she was crying for at least an hour now. Her eyes were brown and so was her hair. What was she? Seven? Maybe eight? She looked shocked to see me. Why?

"Hey, were you crying? What's wrong?"

I asked her, ignoring the fact that she was now pointing at me like I was a ghost.

"You... You're Sora... How? Unless..."

She looked to the ground and started to mumble to herself and I bent down to be her
level.

"Huh? You know who I am?"

She looked up at me and nodded, wiping away her final tears.

"Yeah... I do."

How? Who is this girl? Before I could ask, she took a deep breath and it looked like she
was trying to calm down.

"Where are we?"

I stood back up again and looked around. Maybe if I warm up to her a bit she will calm
down. Then I can ask for her name.

"I think we are in The Final World, but... it's a little different than I remember..."

I said putting my hand behind my head. The girl looked around nervously. Then she came up to me to touch my arm, stroking it going back and forth.

"You are real..."

She looked at me in awe. This is getting a little weird... I moved my arm.

"Yes, I am real or I think I am, but this might not be the real world though..."

"I think I know what you mean..."

The girl said getting lost in thought again.

"Hey..."

I said, trying not to sound too demanding.

"What's your name?"

She looked back up to me and tilted her head. It looked like she was struggling to say it.

"I..."

She signed.

"I can't remember."

Her face said otherwise, but I didn't want to push it. I mean if a little girl lost in a place in
between and if she ran off I might never see her again.

"Hey, maybe if we walk around we will find some clues to why we are here."

Although I kinda know why I'm here... I thought.

I reached out my hand and the girl, hesitant at first, grabbed it. Then we walked for what seemed like hours without feeling like we were making any progress. After a while the girl let go of my hand and stopped. She looked at me with a sad face.

"I have to tell you something."